• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

John Tortorella Suspended 2 Games

I mean, respect the official. Torts being a baby here. But also, don’t need to fine the guy for what was an obviously ridiculous period by the refs. Maybe they should be fined too for sucking so badly. I find it upsetting that the coach is accountable for a roughly harmless act yet the officials are not for influencing the game with terrible calls

Edited by Valriera

3 minutes ago, Valriera said:

I mean, respect the official. Torts being a baby here. But also, don’t need to fine the guy for what was an obviously ridiculous period by the refs. Maybe they should be fined too for sucking so badly. I find it upsetting that the coach is accountable for a roughly harmless act yet the officials are not for influencing the game with terrible calls

I didn't see any highlights of this game, what were the shitty calls?

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

I didn't see any highlights of this game, what were the shitty calls?

The one that set him off was a ridiculous 10m misconduct. There was also a brutal tripping penalty that led to a PPG. 

here’s the link. 

i don’t blame him personally just the nightly eggregious refereeing example, but obviously you’re already down 4-0 and that’s not why lol

Edited by Valriera
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Valriera said:

The one that set him off was a ridiculous 10m misconduct. There was also a brutal tripping penalty that led to a PPG. 

here’s the link. 

i don’t blame him personally just the nightly eggregious refereeing example, but obviously you’re already down 4-0 and that’s not why lol

Oh, so it's just Macaulay deciding he wanted to be the star of the show yet again. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

Oh, so it's just Macaulay deciding he wanted to be the star of the show yet again. 

Seriously, outside of Wes having a few mic'd up moments, he fucking sucks. Didn't they say on MSG 150 that it was also a celebratory night for the '04 team? The team that Torts coached to win the fucking cup. 

Wes Sucks. 

Edited by phillyb
  • Keeps it 100 1

48 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Seriously, outside of Wes having a few mic'd up moments, he fucking sucks. Didn't they say on MSG 150 that it was also a celebratory night for the '04 team? The team that Torts coached to win the fucking cup. 

Wes Sucks. 

Members of the 04 team were in a luxury box loving it. They were shown laughing hysterically when Torts was refusing to leave. Wes was too much of a bitch to go talk to Torts at the bench. If you toss the guy, you have to face the guy. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Members of the 04 team were in a luxury box loving it. They were shown laughing hysterically when Torts was refusing to leave. Wes was too much of a bitch to go talk to Torts at the bench. If you toss the guy, you have to face the guy. 

Not in Sick League. Not only does he not have to answer to Torts, he doesn't have to answer to anyone and it's entire bullshit. Even Friedman posted about this bullshit. 

cion2AN.png

I think Wes wants his own reality show.  Fucking guy is always "making himself seen" in games.

On top of it, he sucks moose dick as a ref.  I didn't see this game either, but we all pretty much know Wes and his bullshit by now.  I'm sure Torts had every reason in the world to go berserk.

• TroCheckmark 1

The problem is, Torts hurts his team here. They are playing way over their heads but they also are a young team that is in a playoff spot and needs their coach to lead the ship. They isn't need him suspended for any games. 

As much as I dislike Wes McCauley, Torts has made games about himself many times over and over. He's an all time great coach. But he's also his own worst enemy sometimes

I'm with @phillyb Philly on his post;

The refs should have to be held accountable, in my opinion.  The NHL doesn't want that, and I think it's sometimes is a crutch for the refs not to have to explain themselves.  The fact that this gets little to no explaination really doesn't look very good for the officials.

Refs, like players can have bad games, ok...I get it.  They fuck up, fine..they admit they made a mistake and at least we know what the deal is.  We won't like it, but fuck it...at least we know.

I know, fuck the Flyers  😉 but.... Now you have a coach, who's suspended for 2 games while his team is in a war for a playoff spot, being converged on by 4 other teams that are breathing down their neck.  The fine is steep too: $50K??  Ok the owner is picking it up, but are they serious??  They're going to make an example of Torts, I get it.  The thing is there's no explaination of it though.   I think the refs should have to answer for some things...maybe not like an presser after every game, but shit like this?  Yeah.

I dunno, I think it just looks bad for the refs.  The fact that MacCauley didn't even go over to Torts to explain it just shows me he handled it like shit.  You toss the fucking guy and then don't have the balls to go over and face some music for your call.

You want your own Reality show, you're gonna need to speak, Wes!  LOL

25 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm with @phillyb Philly on his post;

The refs should have to be held accountable, in my opinion.  The NHL doesn't want that, and I think it's sometimes is a crutch for the refs not to have to explain themselves.  The fact that this gets little to no explaination really doesn't look very good for the officials.

Refs, like players can have bad games, ok...I get it.  They fuck up, fine..they admit they made a mistake and at least we know what the deal is.  We won't like it, but fuck it...at least we know.

I know, fuck the Flyers  😉 but.... Now you have a coach, who's suspended for 2 games while his team is in a war for a playoff spot, being converged on by 4 other teams that are breathing down their neck.  The fine is steep too: $50K??  Ok the owner is picking it up, but are they serious??  They're going to make an example of Torts, I get it.  The thing is there's no explaination of it though.   I think the refs should have to answer for some things...maybe not like an presser after every game, but shit like this?  Yeah.

I dunno, I think it just looks bad for the refs.  The fact that MacCauley didn't even go over to Torts to explain it just shows me he handled it like shit.  You toss the fucking guy and then don't have the balls to go over and face some music for your call.

You want your own Reality show, you're gonna need to speak, Wes!  LOL

They covered this on 32 Thoughts today.

Apparently, it was the younger ref who was really fucking up and Torts was working him over. McCauley stepped in to "defend his teammate" and it got so bad that he just tossed Torts. Then Torts wouldn't leave. Look, if a player did that he'd be in deep shit, too. You can't do that.

All that said, I agree with you. The ref should be allowed to speak. Even if just to say "I had a bad night, but we can't have coaches doing X,Y,Z to officials." McCauley again just stepping in to show who has a bigger dick. Guy must have gotten beaten up a lot as a kid and now he's gonna show everyone who's boss!

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

They covered this on 32 Thoughts today.

Apparently, it was the younger ref who was really fucking up and Torts was working him over. McCauley stepped in to "defend his teammate" and it got so bad that he just tossed Torts. Then Torts wouldn't leave. Look, if a player did that he'd be in deep shit, too. You can't do that.

All that said, I agree with you. The ref should be allowed to speak. Even if just to say "I had a bad night, but we can't have coaches doing X,Y,Z to officials." McCauley again just stepping in to show who has a bigger dick. Guy must have gotten beaten up a lot as a kid and now he's gonna show everyone who's boss!

Oh no doubt, Torts was 100% wrong for not leaving, but Wes didn't need to pour gas on the fire by not at least going over there to talk.  I do think if they gave the refs a little air time, it would be pretty cool though.  I think they really made an example of him though.  I know Torts asked for it, but Jesus...right in the middle of the stretch run.

Like Keith said though, sometimes he's his own worst enemy.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Oh no doubt, Torts was 100% wrong for not leaving, but Wes didn't need to pour gas on the fire by not at least going over there to talk.  I do think if they gave the refs a little air time, it would be pretty cool though.  I think they really made an example of him though.  I know Torts asked for it, but Jesus...right in the middle of the stretch run.

Like Keith said though, sometimes he's his own worst enemy.

I guess, but who here hasn't lost their temper before? When it happens to us we're not usually on TV though...I try not to judge. 

Edited by Pete
  • Like 1
  • TroCheckmark 1