• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Alexander Barabanov Trade to Rangers Fell Through Right Before Deadline

• RichieNextel305 changed the title to Rangers Had Deal in Place to Acquire Alexander Barbanov From Sharks Before Deadline; Deal Fell Apart Due to Cap Issues

Barbie has some real upside and I’d love to see him play on a good team with good players.

But it’s not a big miss there.

He is though, a guy they could seriously look at this offseason and he likely won’t be too pricey. 

• Phil changed the title to Alexander Barabanov Trade to Rangers Fell Through Right Before Deadline
3 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

Barbie has some real upside and I’d love to see him play on a good team with good players.

But it’s not a big miss there.

He is though, a guy they could seriously look at this offseason and he likely won’t be too pricey. 

I doubt it. Not the pricey part, but them looking. I suppose if he's willing to take a Belzile-type deal with absolutely no NHL guarantee, maybe, but even with free agents walking, the Rangers can expect a ton of major competition in camp. Berard and Othmann are going to compete hard for spots out of the gate. Not to mention Edstrom.

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

I doubt it. Not the pricey part, but them looking. I suppose if he's willing to take a Belzile-type deal with absolutely no NHL guarantee, maybe, but even with free agents walking, the Rangers can expect a ton of major competition in camp. Berard and Othmann are going to compete hard for spots out of the gate. Not to mention Edstrom.

I guess its going to depend how the rangers do in the playoffs. Few regulars could be traded if they shit the bed again 

10 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

I guess its going to depend how the rangers do in the playoffs. Few regulars could be traded if they shit the bed again 

Yes, this is possible, too. Still, I don't really see a path for this kind of player.