• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pacioretty to Rangers Is a 'Real Possibility'

I mean, it's fine. The market fell apart on them. The needle-movers are all gone. I'd rather get half decent depth than spend assets for bad players (like Zucker).

Sink or swim time for Kakko. He's 1RW IMO. MaxPac, assuming they get him, is 3RW. They probably go 8D.

Just now, Valriera said:

This guy plays less than Chytil. Pass. 

Depending on the return (Okposo like?) There's no reason not to. He's better than anything else they have right now. But he should sit if he sucks.

He's always going to be our 1RW until he's traded. He hasn't done anything with the chance yet. We're not going to win unless both he and Lafreniere take the next steps in their game. Laf has done that this year, but Kakko has not. If he does I'm not sure there's a better roster. As-is, we're already one of the best. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Depending on the return (Okposo like?) There's no reason not to. He's better than anything else they have right now. But he should sit if he sucks.

Yup. Gonna be like a 6th or 7th round pick IMO.

This has to be the fallback plan.

Some conjecture on my part would be that Drury has an offer out to Anaheim for Vatrano that will not budge on, but Anaheim is asking for more. If they don't budge either, he's probably told them he's fine going this other direction. If someone blinks before 3 pm, the deal happens.

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Another scenario: Kakko is being used in a hockey deal for a guy like Buchnevich, and Pacioretty is to backfill the 3rd line hole.

Not likely.

But the principle holds. MaxPac backfills 3RW no matter what.

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don’t get it. Wouldn’t re-sign Kane but goes after an old Wheeler and a broken Pacioretty? I really don’t get it if it happens. Makes very little sense.

To be fair, we had no idea how successful his surgery would be. A bit of hindsight here.

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don’t get it. Wouldn’t re-sign Kane but goes after an old Wheeler and a broken Pacioretty? I really don’t get it if it happens. Makes very little sense.

Cap space.

Plus he was probably one of the many who thought Kane would be a "shell" upon his return.