• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Lindgren Opens up About Pending Free Agency: 'This Is Home Now'

Phil

Biased fan here.  I had a Lindgren jersey made but man, he is the heart and soul of this team IMO. 

Hopefully we learned something about pinching the wrong pennies after Jesper Fast a few years ago.

I worry about the long term wear and tear that he is putting onto his body but that is more of an issue for the contract after this next one

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

I've looked at him as a pseudo punching bag.  

Pseudo punching bag/crash dummy who has a big heart.  Incredibly high mileage. Mileage going forward may vary and decrease at a rapid pace.

• Bullseye 1

28 minutes ago, Ozzy said:
  • Winner
  • Rare commodity
  • Warrior
  • Playoff player
  • Tough
  • Defensively fantastic
  • Mean
  • Nasty

KEEPER! 

Yeah man, I love the guy. Not the best defensively, but there's "intangibles" (and I cringe using that word) that he uses very well. And at the expected price point, I can't think of anyone else I'd rather have. That being said, not adverse to switching up some of the D pairs.

Just now, RangerDanger said:

Yeah man, I love the guy. Not the best defensively, but there's "intangibles" (and I cringe using that word) that he uses very well. And at the expected price point, I can't think of anyone else I'd rather have. That being said, not adverse to switching up some of the D pairs.

I wanna see Fox with K' Andre.  Before the season ends, i'd like to see if that works better.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I feel like Trouba/Miller has never really worked and yet whoever is coaching seems to always go back to it. lol

Because it’s hard to break Lindgren and Fox up. You don’t have much of a choice beyond that.

you don’t want miller or trouba on the third pair really although arguably trouba would

be best on the 3rd pair. 

as good as Gus has been he is fine on the pp and the third pair. Defensively he’s ok but I don’t want him going up against top lines any more than he is. 

6 minutes ago, siddious said:

Because it’s hard to break Lindgren and Fox up. You don’t have much of a choice beyond that.

you don’t want miller or trouba on the third pair really although arguably trouba would

be best on the 3rd pair. 

as good as Gus has been he is fine on the pp and the third pair. Defensively he’s ok but I don’t want him going up against top lines any more than he is. 

Trouba/Fox may not be that bad. Gus probably won't be here beyond this season anyway.

25 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Trouba/Fox may not be that bad. Gus probably won't be here beyond this season anyway.

Miller-Fox

Lindgren schneider

gus-trouba 

with adjust special teams times is the way I would go. 

gives you an offensive pair that’s decent on defense. A defensive pair that would be a mother fucker to play against. And a solid third pair that can step in for either one. 

i know miller is hated on here but you can’t deny the talent. More ice time might unlock it even more. Fox ain’t the skate it in type so I don’t think one would take away from the others game at all.

Just now, siddious said:

Miller-Fox

Lindgren schneider

gus-trouba 

gives you an offensive pair that’s decent on defense. A defensive pair that would be a mother fucker to play against. And a solid third pair that can step in for either one. 

i know miller is hated on here but you can’t deny the talent. More ice time might unlock it even more. Fox ain’t the skate it in type so I don’t think one would take away from the others game at all.

I think some may forget just how young Miller is. Not that it totally excuses poor play or whatever, but everyone develops differently, and defensemen can take awhile. I feel the same way about Schneider, and he's already solid.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I think some may forget just how young Miller is. Not that it totally excuses poor play or whatever, but everyone develops differently, and defensemen can take awhile. I feel the same way about Schneider, and he's already solid.

100% agree that’s why anytime the idea of trading either comes up vehemently oppose it. This is the best defensive core. I’ve seen this team have since I became a fan around 97.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, siddious said:

100% agree that’s why anytime the idea of trading either comes up vehemently oppose it. This is the best defensive core. I’ve seen this team have since I became a fan around 97.

Yes, and they are learning from Laviolette and Housley. I like this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, siddious said:

Miller-Fox

Lindgren schneider

gus-trouba 

I got next round!  I like this grouping!

• Like 1