• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Return of the Mack: Rangers Re-call Jake Leschyshyn, Connor Mackey

Phil

• Phil changed the title to Return of the Mack: Rangers Re-call Jake Leschyshyn, Connor Mackey

I'm hoping Mackey's fight was this year's helmet throw moment because they needed something like that after being lethargic as fuck for awhile. Of course the break didn't really help, but still. With him back in the lineup, I'm expecting more of the same from him.

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I'm hoping Mackey's fight was this year's helmet throw moment because they needed something like that after being lethargic as fuck for awhile. Of course the break didn't really help, but still. With him back in the lineup, I'm expecting more of the same from him.

I am going to say something with absolutely no backing behind it but I think FOR ONCE the break actually came at a great time.

I dunno if they were just tired or things were going off the rails but it was a nice time to rest and hopefully come out the same way they came out at the start of the year.

I feel like normally this break comes when theyre firing on all cylinders so its a nice change up this year.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Just now, siddious said:

I am going to say something with absolutely no backing behind it but I think FOR ONCE the break actually came at a great time.

I dunno if they were just tired or things were going off the rails but it was a nice time to rest and hopefully come out the same way they came out at the start of the year.

I feel like normally this break comes when theyre firing on all cylinders so its a nice change up this year.

Yeah, I agree. Watching them I was thinking the same thing, "the break couldn't have come at the best time".  I'll be worried if they look like ass for another week or so, despite some tough competition right off the bat tonight. While I don't think this team is as good as they were early when they were 15-3, I don't think they're this bad, either. They do need to get heathy and get some help because depth is still an issue.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, I agree. Watching them I was thinking the same thing, "the break couldn't have come at the best time".  I'll be worried if they look like ass for another week or so, despite some tough competition right off the bat tonight. While I don't think this team is as good as they were early when they were 15-3, I don't think they're this bad, either. They do need to get heathy and get some help because depth is still an issue.

Maybe its just my perception but I feel like they have spent a lot of time on the road so far this season. Also more back to backs than I have ever seen them have.

19 home games left. 14 on the road (One of those is stadium, 2 at UBS and 1 at prudential so really 10) and only 2 back to backs so hopefully that lends itself to a more rested and energetic team going forward too.

Just now, siddious said:

Maybe its just my perception but I feel like they have spent a lot of time on the road so far this season. Also more back to backs than I have ever seen them have.

19 home games left. 14 on the road (One of those is stadium, 2 at UBS and 1 at prudential so really 10) and only 2 back to backs so hopefully that lends itself to a more rested and energetic team going forward too.

Amazingly they're 9-0 in the second of back to backs. Despite their issues, that's really damn good. It is a lot of back to backs, and yes, it seems like they've had more than usual. They've actually been really good on the road for about three years now, but playing as frequently as they have, it takes its toll. Having said that, their prime issues have been bad defensive play and bad goaltending. It was better early, not so coincidentally, they were putting up wins. The team we saw early on is absolutely what we should be seeing on a nightly basis. They just got lethargic and back to their more disjointed ways we've seen the last couple of years.

14 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Amazingly they're 9-0 in the second of back to backs. Despite their issues, that's really damn good. It is a lot of back to backs, and yes, it seems like they've had more than usual. They've actually been really good on the road for about three years now, but playing as frequently as they have, it takes its toll. Having said that, their prime issues have been bad defensive play and bad goaltending. It was better early, not so coincidentally, they were putting up wins. The team we saw early on is absolutely what we should be seeing on a nightly basis. They just got lethargic and back to their more disjointed ways we've seen the last couple of years.

Well theyre rested now so there should be no excuses.

Curious to see when Drury pulls a trade as well. I always say the earlier the better.

6 minutes ago, siddious said:

Well theyre rested now so there should be no excuses.

Curious to see when Drury pulls a trade as well. I always say the earlier the better.

I'm with you, Pete.  I wanna see them do this sooner than later.  Gives us more time to gel as a unit, and also work out some of the kinks.  If we can clinch a spot early, we can also rest a few guys along the way. 

Just now, Ozzy said:

I'm with you, Pete.  I wanna see them do this sooner than later.  Gives us more time to gel as a unit, and also work out some of the kinks.  If we can clinch a spot early, we can also rest a few guys along the way. 

I think depth has been a killer all year long. the quicker you alleviate that issue the better.

4 minutes ago, siddious said:

I think depth has been a killer all year long. the quicker you alleviate that issue the better.

Yeah man, we haven't had to deal with this shit in over 2 seasons.  This injury shit gets old fast!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, siddious said:

Definitely has, and has led to the fatigue we were seeing. Guys were playing a few minutes more than they probably should be and it adds up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

HA! It is kind of funny how literally as soon as he's gone they're injured a ton.

Yea not looking good for the new guy.

Realistically its also partly on the more "uptempo" practices. Or just the basic fact that theyre practicing at all these days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, siddious said:

Realistically its also partly on the more "uptempo" practices. Or just the basic fact that theyre practicing at all these days.

I think that's it more than anything. They weren't used to practicing hard which is an even bigger problem. lol

13 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

HA! It is kind of funny how literally as soon as he's gone they're injured a ton.

11 minutes ago, siddious said:

A couple of friends in a group chat are speculating that Ramsey got let go because he was either hiding injuries or doing what was necessary to have players play through... And that's why he was let go. The Rangers have missed very few man games due to injury before he left.

These guys and the new staff seem to be treating injuries way more seriously than previous regime. 

I dunno, injuries like sprains, etc.  I guess it possible Ramsey may have mismanaged stuff like that  but certainly not head injuries like Chytil's ongoing issues. How did that work out, should we fire the new guy? 

If it wasn't the best neurologist's actual Dr's the organization could find that were making the calls in his situation than the entire organization was being negligent.  Same would go for surgeries, broken bone rehabs as well.  If there weren't real Dr's making the major calls and being consulted on rehabs, timelines than shame on the org.  

Probably didn't find the right words here but to simplify I would hope actual Dr's are driving the bus on all significant injuries. Any speculation on Ramsey is just that, I don't remember seeing anyone in the know say or post anything otherwise. Or are there's links from reliable sources confirming his negligence?

1 hour ago, jsrangers said:

I dunno, injuries like sprains, etc.  I guess it possible Ramsey may have mismanaged stuff like that  but certainly not head injuries like Chytil's ongoing issues. How did that work out, should we fire the new guy? 

If it wasn't the best neurologist's actual Dr's the organization could find that were making the calls in his situation than the entire organization was being negligent.  Same would go for surgeries, broken bone rehabs as well.  If there weren't real Dr's making the major calls and being consulted on rehabs, timelines than shame on the org.  

Probably didn't find the right words here but to simplify I would hope actual Dr's are driving the bus on all significant injuries. Any speculation on Ramsey is just that, I don't remember seeing anyone in the know say or post anything otherwise. Or are there's links from reliable sources confirming his negligence?

No body said anything about head injuries.

But they didn't really have any other major injuries besides Kakko. In fact, they didn't have a ton of minor injuries which is odd.

How many times did we think Lindgren was dead and he came back to the game? He destroyed his shoulder and then came back and reinjured it.

Stuff like that is suspect. And to add to that nobody's making an accusation. But a guy like Ramsey getting dismissed under those circumstances definitely has a backstory. 

Ok, I think team DRs play a play a much bigger role is making medical decisions. Trainers are there to help rehab injuries and follow the doctor orders as to treatment. The trainer is not giving anyone the green light after a serious injury.  It's just as easy to speculate Ramsey was team Gallant which pissed Drury off. 

Totally agree there was a backstory, but nothing of value confirming what it was that I've seen.