• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Marty Walsh 'Extremely Disappointed' With Coyotes Situation

• 1 month later...

I mean, this has to be it, no? Bottom of the 9th. 2 outs. 2 strikes. This has to be where everything either begins or closes for good.

Either you get this or you don’t and this experiment needs to be over. I feel sorry to say this, because there are genuine die-hard fans of this franchise who would be gutted. But this charade has gone on for far too long. There needs to be clarity here.

Here is what the proposed site would potentially look like:

Edited by RichieNextel305

Even if they win this auction and start on a new arena, it probably won't be ready until they have spent five years in in 5,000 seat arena.  I can't believe the league is willing to let that happen.

On 4/5/2024 at 1:33 AM, Sod16 said:

Even if they win this auction and start on a new arena, it probably won't be ready until they have spent five years in in 5,000 seat arena.  I can't believe the league is willing to let that happen.

They need to get out of there. If anything, the league should tell them to figure out a way back into Gila River temporarily if this approval goes through for the new arena. You can’t have a professional team playing in a 5000 seat facility for that long.

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

They need to get out of there. If anything, the league should tell them to figure out a way back into Gila River temporarily if this approval goes through for the new arena. You can’t have a professional team playing in a 5000 seat facility for that long.

I still don't get what was so bad about Gila.  That whole complex is sick.  I've never been there for a hockey game but went for a Giants Cardinals game.  

Patently absurd that they should be playing where they are when there to major league, if imperfect, arenas in the area.  The fact that the municipality that owns Gila prefers an empty arena to 44 plus dates a year for the yotes is quite an indictment of the yotes management.