• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pillow Talk

Keirik

No, no not so,ething between @Ozzy and I lol. Anyone here a pillow snob or have a go to luxury pillow brand they swear by as opposed to just the standard one? Are you a firm guy or what? 

I've been using a pretty high end one from Bedgear but started looking at ones from elsewhere like Luxome. Anyone else?

• LMFAO 1

2 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Personally; anything that is flat and cooling works for me. I hate soft pillows and thick hard pillows. Flat, thin support.

Literally this. Bought blisburry pillows off amazon like 2 years ago, flat, thin and cooling and it’s been perfect since im a stomach sleeper. 

we had some expensive brand before these and they were awful but I can’t remember the name. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Goose down for my head. 
Long narrow pillow to spoon. 
Thin leg pillow. 

I’ve been trying to sleep on my back as I’m told it’s healthier plus my back has been shit the last few years. Put a pillow under my knees and have my head pillow and the whole night I’m just uncomfortable as its way too constricting to sleep like that + the pillows get in my way when I move which I tend to do a lot. Drives me nuts. My wife is the queen of having 40 pillows on the bed too. 

I used to make fun of the ridiculous amount of pillows on the bed, but at this point, I’m the fucking culprit. My gf doesn’t even use a pillow and I require three. 
I mostly sleep on my side fwiw. One arm up (not supposed to sleep with your elbows above your shoulders, I’ve heard) underneath the head pillow so I’m kinda sleeping on my bicep with a pillow in between. 

The leg pillow is big important. My legs hurt if I don’t have the leg pillow. 

Edited by phillyb

36 minutes ago, siddious said:

I’ve been trying to sleep on my back as I’m told it’s healthier plus my back has been shit the last few years. Put a pillow under my knees and have my head pillow and the whole night I’m just uncomfortable as its way too constricting to sleep like that + the pillows get in my way when I move which I tend to do a lot. Drives me nuts. My wife is the queen of having 40 pillows on the bed too. 

A pillow between the legs is good for your back to be honest, which really is done while sleeping on your side. Also, a lot of it is going to have to do with the firmness of your mattress. Too soft or plush isn't great for your back. 

16 minutes ago, Keirik said:

A pillow between the legs is good for your back to be honest, which really is done while sleeping on your side. Also, a lot of it is going to have to do with the firmness of your mattress. Too soft or plush isn't great for your back. 

Yea we have a firm mattress. I just can’t seem to ever get comfortable on my back and even when I do fall asleep I wake up like I’m falling often it’s annoying 

6 minutes ago, siddious said:

Yea we have a firm mattress. I just can’t seem to ever get comfortable on my back and even when I do fall asleep I wake up like I’m falling often it’s annoying 

seriously, try a pillow between your legs. As you know, i suffer from extreme lower back paint hat requres a several level spinal fusion im trying to put of as long as possible. This does help at night at least. 

quick search and tons of articles. Here is one 

• Like 1

I use one of those memory ones that's closer to the harder side. Big, fluffy pillows are great in other facets of life. Terrible for my neck at night. I also use a body pillow between my legs. I get really bad lower back pain from an old back injury if I don't keep my spine in good alignment through the night.

I definitely didn't bother going crazy on high-end brands for either, though. Any body pillow will do. The only thing I aim for with the memory foam pillows is that they have that neck curvature thing built into them.

Now, tell me all the reasons you love me...

• Like 1

I don't know if it's fancy but I go with a Tempurpedic, firm memory foam, cooling pillow  

https://www.tempurpedic.com/shop-pillows/tempur-adapt-pro-cooling-pillow/v/2688/

Cheap long body pillow as base along headboard. 

Vaunn Medical Memory Foam Knee Pillow and Leg Positioner Cushion to Soothe Back, Leg and Hip Discomfort https://a.co/d/c3ORnG3

Contoured knee pillow.  I sleep on my side and I must have huge or saggy balls, because if I don't put a pillow between my knees, my balls hurt.  

I refuse to use a comforter or a topsheet. Must have a fan, no matter the temperature. 

• LMFAO 1
  • JIMMY! 1

1 minute ago, siddious said:

My parents got one of those and used it for about a week before tossing them. 

Haha…if he,whatever his name is, can become a multi-millionaire with this crap of a product, so can we, Peter.  
How about “7 minute abs” video? It has never been done before. 

4 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Haha…if he,whatever his name is, can become a multi-millionaire with this crap of a product, so can we, Peter.  
How about “7 minute abs” video? It has never been done before. 

The vodka and freedom soup diet and workout program 

13 hours ago, The Dude said:

I don't know if it's fancy but I go with a Tempurpedic, firm memory foam, cooling pillow  

https://www.tempurpedic.com/shop-pillows/tempur-adapt-pro-cooling-pillow/v/2688/

Cheap long body pillow as base along headboard. 

Vaunn Medical Memory Foam Knee Pillow and Leg Positioner Cushion to Soothe Back, Leg and Hip Discomfort https://a.co/d/c3ORnG3

Contoured knee pillow.  I sleep on my side and I must have huge or saggy balls, because if I don't put a pillow between my knees, my balls hurt.  

I refuse to use a comforter or a topsheet. Must have a fan, no matter the temperature. 

Id say that a pillow that costs nearly 200 is fancy lol. Not that I can talk with my 3.0 pillow that cost 250 but most recently is on sale from Bedgear. 

im also in the fan 365 club. need the wind and noise. I also add n the sound of rain as well

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Last time I got a mattress, it came with two memory foam pillows, which I fucking hate. Not sure why, hard for me to articulate, but I can't use em. They're for the animals now. 

Memory foam is one of the worst materials for your posture. Especially neck.

Our mattress has a memory foam layer but the base support is all springs. That's much better for back issues than memory foam is. I had multiple people tell me this across chiropractors and physical therapists. 

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

Id say that a pillow that costs nearly 200 is fancy lol. Not that I can talk with my 3.0 pillow that cost 250 but most recently is on sale from Bedgear. 

im also in the fan 365 club. need the wind and noise. I also add n the sound of rain as well

Lmao, I do rain on car sound scapes  on YouTube sometimes. 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Lmao, I do rain on car sound scapes  on YouTube sometimes. 

always youtube for me. A billion different subscriptions to all different stuff from blizzard sounds to rainstorm ones. Never thunder though. That wakes me up all excited for a good storm instead of relaxes me lol.

i do use plenty of blankets though and keep the house at around 64 degrees year round. Luckily our kid seems to sleep well in that temp range and dr said it's better than too hot.  

• Cheers 1