• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Unveil Third Jersey Design

Phil

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

The Yankee Stadium ones were pretty good. I also loved those heritage 'New York' ones.

They were OK, I guess, but the best third jerseys they've ever done are the Heritage Classic and the 2018 Winter Classic because they're both classic designs. That's when this team looks its best.

Just now, Phil said:

...no they weren't. The best third jersey they've ever done is the Heritage Classic, and the 2018 Winter Classic because they're both classic designs. That's when this team looks its best.

No, those were definitely better, but I didn't hate the Yankee Stadium ones is all.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

No, those were definitely better, but I didn't hate the Yankee Stadium ones is all.

Yeah, I edited after you quoted. Was too harsh. They weren't bad, but this team always looks best when it leans into its history with classical designs.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

They were OK, I guess, but the best third jerseys they've ever done are the Heritage Classic and the 2018 Winter Classic because they're both classic designs. That's when this team looks its best.

The Heritage jerseys were absolute perfection.

Agree that they're trying too hard for modern looks. They're so limited with what they can do with designs that these modern takes just don't work. The last three jerseys have relied entirely on the sleeve piping to provide any other color or design aside from the logo and base jersey color.

Would have looked so much better if it said New York or Rangers diagonally instead of just smack the logo on the jersey like that. Don’t like it.

I agree with Phil and others in here. That heritage jersey was perfect. The 2018 Winter Classic one was great too. Should have looked to those instead of this.

Edited by RichieNextel305

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I wonder hoe much freedom thr league gives these teams in tjebfirstp lace when it comes to new design jerseys. 

I loved that 85th year jersey back in the day. My favorite one.

Other teams have had good alternates in the last few years. This isn't a league issue. This is a Rangers problem.

Let's see what they vomit out for the Stadium Series.

I love our logo but I also love the fact that we never really see our logo on the ice, if that makes any sense. Again, just wish more thought went into this. The white lettering for the names and numbers easily could have went well with the same type of design from the 2018 WC jersey with Rangers all white in the front instead of slapping a gigantic logo on the front. Looks lazy.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I love our logo but I also love the fact that we never really see our logo on the ice, if that makes any sense. Again, just wish more thought went into this. The white lettering for the names and numbers easily could have went well with the same type of design from the 2018 WC jersey with Rangers all white in the front instead of slapping a gigantic logo on the front. Looks lazy.

Agreed. This is the lowest effort possible by this team for an alternate. 

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Agreed. This is the lowest effort possible by this team for an alternate. 

What I don’t get is the fact that it is well known that the fans (can’t speak for everyone obviously) really loved the Liberty jersey growing up. So much so that they used it twice with that Retro Reverse shit. Both times, they tickled around the edge as far as bringing back the design completely. First time, no sleeves. Second time, the sleeves are there but it was a different color. Why not just go balls deep and get that one actually back, instead of this? Or like others have said, bring back the Heritage one which was also very liked? I just don’t get the logic.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The part that gets me too is that I can picture a group of people sitting around deciding and after some serious tokes on the bong say, “Yup, that’s the one man!”