• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Quarter Mark: Which Ranger Has Surprised You Most?

Phil

Surprisingly many to choose from. 

I'll say Quick because I thought he was a genuine early cut candidate, and Cuylle because he's been a valuable and consistent contributor from the hop whilst I expected him to at least be up and down and possibly do a bit of yo yoing between the Rangers and the Pack before settling in.  

Lafrenière by a mile. It's night and day between the effort levels of now compared to the last few seasons. 

He took advantage of the opportunity handed to him and he hasn't taken his foot off the gas. He look legit top 6 player now. Hopefully he can continue at the rate he's at now or even get better. 

• Applause 1

41 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

So....not a player....but.... The Rangers are #1 in the NHL in faceoff win % as of 12/1/23. Would anyone have said we would be #1 let alone in the top 10 in faceoffs a quarter of the way through the year?

I'm shocked.

Same here. Even being middle of the pack would have been a huge improvement. lol But this? Unreal.

On 11/29/2023 at 7:29 AM, Pete said:

I'm kind of surprised that so many people are saying Gustafson. He's doing exactly what he did in Washington. He's a really good player. The only thing regarding him that surprised me was that he came here for so little. 

I think he knew lav’s was gonna play him. It’s a calculated risk, I’m sure he could have gotten more money and term but nothing like he will get now after this season.

3 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

So....not a player....but.... The Rangers are #1 in the NHL in faceoff win % as of 12/1/23. Would anyone have said we would be #1 let alone in the top 10 in faceoffs a quarter of the way through the year?

I'm shocked.

Factor in all the faceoffs Chytil would’ve lost if he wasn’t hurt and we would be nowhere near #1

Edited by RJWantsTheCup
  • LOL 1