• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Welcome to the Hall of Fame: Henrik 'the King' Lundqvist!!!

Ozzy

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

It kinda brings into focus the delicate balance required to roster a team that has solid players at key positions.  It's a damn juggling act in the salary cap era.  It's almost impossible to pay goalies north oth of $8 million and still have a solid lineup for all 4 lines to compete at the ECF and Stanley Cup Finals level.

GM's nowadays have to rely on over producing ELC's, and PTO players sometimes to be that "X" factor.

Gustavsson comes to mind here, along with Cuylle. 

Anyway...back to the topic at hand:  @Albatrosss...Richter was a very good goalie....and a Champion at that.

The King was simply more talented.  I'd even wager a bet Richter would tell you the same.  😉

Basically you're blaming Lundqvist's lack of Stanley Cup Championship on the salary cap.  Richter wouldnt have won if there was a salary cap in 1994.  You just dissed the whole cup winning team. 

23 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It's very easy to get spoiled with great goaltending for long periods of time. As Rangers fans, we've been pretty fortunate to have that, at the very least. Richter to Lundqvist to Shesterkin. Look at what's going on in Edmonton for years. The Flyers have always struggled to find good goaltending until now, and we've been blessed with decades and generations of it. It's everything else that's usually lacking one way or another. lol

you forgot Kevin Weeks and Mike Dunham.

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

Basically you're blaming Lundqvist's lack of Stanley Cup Championship on the salary cap.  Richter wouldnt have won if there was a salary cap in 1994.  You just dissed the whole cup winning team. 

I know you know better tha this...LOL

Not taking the bait, kind sir!  😃

Gretzky looks like shit, I never understand anyone who thinks plastic surgery looks good.  Not that theres anything wrong with that if it's your thing, you be you, but geeesh it's not mine.

I wish they had Zucc on that video being they were so close.  I remember Hank being so torn up from the trade also.

23 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Fuckin goddamn shame this man never won a cup. 

I think it's good that he didn't.

It's a lesson to everyone that you can't have it all. Looks, athletic ability, money, musically inclined, smoke show wife, 10 lb wrench, does he really need the greatest trophy in all of sports?

• LMFAO 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I think it's good that he didn't.

It's a lesson to everyone that you can't have it all. Looks, athletic ability, money, musically inclined, smoke show wife, 10 lb wrench, does he really need the greatest trophy in all of sports?

But why? I’m a Mets fan. For years I had to look across town and see Derek Jeter do it all! Only thing I’m unsure of is if he can play an instrument. With my luck, the man probably could play the fucking piano better than Mozart!

54 minutes ago, Karan said:

Disagree. Dan Blackburn and Al Montoya were far more valuable to the Rangers. 

Chris Holt anyone? Matt Zaba?

Oh man, I’m giving myself PTSD. Went up to Montreal for that game a long while back in 2010 when the Habs buried the Rangers and Hank got pulled for Matt Zaba. Couldn’t believe we drove up to Montreal to see such an ass beating and to see Matt fuckin’ Zaba.

17 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

But why? I’m a Mets fan. For years I had to look across town and see Derek Jeter do it all! Only thing I’m unsure of is if he can play an instrument. With my luck, the man probably could play the fucking piano better than Mozart!

I wasn't being completely serious...

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Chris Holt anyone? Matt Zaba?

Oh man, I’m giving myself PTSD. Went up to Montreal for that game a long while back in 2010 when the Habs buried the Rangers and Hank got pulled for Matt Zaba. Couldn’t believe we drove up to Montreal to see such an ass beating and to see Matt fuckin’ Zaba.

That's what you get for seeing the Rangers play in Montreal. It's usually not good.

• Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

no, he'd remember what happened in the game against the panthers in december of 2011 or some shit like that.

Comeback against Minnesota (2014 I think) in the regular season. Anthony Duclair's first NHL goal. 

Edited by phillyb

On 11/14/2023 at 3:09 PM, Sharpshooter said:

It's very easy to get spoiled with great goaltending for long periods of time. As Rangers fans, we've been pretty fortunate to have that, at the very least. Richter to Lundqvist to Shesterkin. Look at what's going on in Edmonton for years. The Flyers have always struggled to find good goaltending until now, and we've been blessed with decades and generations of it. It's everything else that's usually lacking one way or another. lol

We need to clone Benoit Balls Allaire!! Henrik sang his praises. 

On 11/15/2023 at 1:56 PM, Albatrosss said:

no, he'd remember what happened in the game against the panthers in december of 2011 or some shit like that.

We played Florida our last game of December that year. In Florida. Last game before the Winter Classic. Was a bit of a skirmish at the end of the game. Believe Rupp stepped in as it was happening.

Good God. My memory with this stuff is just insanity.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Applause 1