• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Come Ride the Magic 'Gus' Bus!

Ozzy

It's still early in the season, but I think it's time to give a little credit to the Gus-Bus!!

Fucking guy stepped right up, and took control of what could've been a terrible situation in losing Fox.  Ever since he's gone down, the Rangers have pulled together with some fabulous team play, and a lot of the credit could be in part to Gus, who's been in my opinion, one of the best "low key", UFA signings we've had in quite a long time.

I never expected this kind of play from a guy that makes $800K!!!

Good for Gus, and I hope next year he gets paid BIG!!!  ...after he wins a Cup with us this year, that is!!!

Give it up for the Gus Bus!!!

• Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

He's gonna get a BIG payday this offseason if he continues this play. 

It probably won't be here, which is too bad. I guess it depends on roster moves and cap increase. But, one of the best signings of the offseason by any team. Drury did an unbelievable job with depth signings despite very limited cap space.

• Keeps it 100 1

Almost definitely won't be here. The team needs to re-sign Lindgren and Gustafsson is pacing 57 points. He'll probably cool off and end the year around 45 points, but that's still going to comfortably price him out of New York.

We just need to enjoy this while it lasts.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Almost definitely won't be here. The team needs to re-sign Lindgren and Gustafsson is pacing 57 points. He'll probably cool off and end the year around 45 points, but that's still going to comfortably price him out of New York.

We just need to enjoy this while it lasts.

Bingo. Treat it like found money. That $20 bill you found in your jeans is not going to be a steady income stream, but it's a little bonus.

For the Rangers, he's a luxury this season.

• TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I give Drury zero credit for this signing. This was all Lavi, and credit where credit is due. Lavi made sure this was one of his guys to go and get after having him in Washington last year. Tremendous pick by the coach. It’s one of those cases where a player seems to maximize their ability under a certain coach/scheme.

20 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

He was considered to be a one-trick offensive defenseman and he barely played last season in Toronto after he got traded from Washington. 

+ flat cap

+ he had few suitors early on

He was likely signing a deal for around this value no matter where he went. It's amazing Drury convinced him to sign literal league minimum, but I doubt he was turning down significantly better offers anywhere else.

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

+ flat cap

+ he had few suitors early on

He was likely signing a deal for around this value no matter where he went. It's amazing Drury convinced him to sign literal league minimum, but I doubt he was turning down significantly better offers anywhere else.

He should blame Toronto. They traded for him when they didn't need him, and then they sunk his value. 

9 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

well what if you let Kakko go...and goodrow...

Gus is more than worth the price of both those two at this point...and some

No he isn't, as a 3LD. Why would you pay that position $5M? Then you still need to buy 2 wingers.