• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Penguins to Retire Jaromir Jagrs #68 in February

About. Time.

He was the best player I have ever seen play for the Rangers. What he did in the 2005-2006 season was nothing short of incredible. Both he and Lundqvist took this franchise from the depths of hell and brought us back to respectability. He was a great Ranger. And even though I loved the way he carried himself here, and even though he eventually went on to play almost everywhere, growing up, I still see him with that mullet in a Pens jersey. They had their rocky ending and the fanbase got upset with him. But, time heals all wounds. It’ll be nice seeing an all-time great get the first of what surely will be many honors.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 2

11 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

About. Time.

He was the best player I have ever seen play for the Rangers. What he did in the 2005-2006 season was nothing short of incredible. Both he and Lundqvist took this franchise from the depths of hell and brought us back to respectability. He was a great Ranger. And even though I loved the way he carried himself here, and even though he eventually went on to play almost everywhere, growing up, I still see him with that mullet in a Pens jersey. They had their rocky ending and the fanbase got upset with him. But, time heals all wounds. It’ll be nice seeing an all-time great get the first of what surely will be many honors.

Love Jagr. He brought our franchise out from the dark ages into respectability. What we reap now is what he sowed.  Honestly I wouldn’t mind his number being retired by the Rangers too.  

I have no idea why it took so long, but good for him. One of my favorites, and I'll always respect him for what he did here for this franchise. It reverberated throughout an entire generation of Rangers hockey, along with Lundqvist. That 2005 will always hold a special place. Honestly, he never should've left. I was so disappointed they couldn't get a deal done after 2008.

It was probably more of a Sather thing anyway. There was no reason why he couldn't have played another three years or so here.

• Bullseye 1

On 11/11/2023 at 11:50 AM, Pete said:

It took so long because there was bad blood after he returned from the KHL and signed with the Flyers after being heavily rumored to be going back to Pittsburgh. 

And that blood was bad before that, too. The whole "being in Pittsburgh is like drowning alive" comment, or whatever he said to force a trade out.