• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Official 'We Love Will Cuylle' Fan Club

Ozzy

Ok, I'm starting this new thread for all of us are going to watch this kid grow into one of the best players on the team.

I really like watching him play;  he's tough, hits like a tank, has a good shot, and skates like he means it.  He's earned a spot on this team, and I would absolutely love to see him grow into a star here.  Baby steps for now, but I see big things ahead for "Cuylle-Hand Luke"!!!

• The Chyt! 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Believe 1

Cuylle in the past has said he models his game after Tom Wilson. Rarely do these kinds of comparisons have a legit chance of working out. I think it does here. I see a cleaner version of Tom Wilson. He plays a physical game within the boundaries of the sport, like Trouba knows how to do.

Edited by BrooksBurner

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Cuylle in the past has said he models his game after Tom Wilson. Rarely do these kinds of comparisons have a legit chance of working out. I think it does here. I see a cleaner version of Tom Wilson. He plays a physical game within the boundaries of the sport, like Trouba knows how to do.

Agreed. Most of the times when players are making these comparisons, they completely fail to live up to the hype. I remember quite a few players being "like Lucic," but were clearly never going to actually be the beast he was when he was younger. Cuylle really does look like Wilson, though, especially on the physical side. Last night alone he had at least three absolutely crushing hits, including on on Moritz Seider, and he puts guys on their asses with his hits. Kid is no joke.

Reminds me of how Dubinsky used to play when he first got here where he would hit everyone and the hits were effective.

offensively if he turns into a 20/20 guy ill

be beyond pleased. 

love this kid. We need more draft picks like this. 

i am surprised by how quickly his game has become comfortable at the nhl 

Keep it "Cuylle" in here!!!  ...Like 45 degrees Cuylle!!!

...looking forward to Thursday night's game.

And also just a side note that Trocheck seems to blend very well with him.  I like that chemisty they've seem to have found.

Edited by Ozzy

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Keep it "Cuylle" in here!!!  ...Like 45 degrees Cuylle!!!

...looking forward to Thursday night's game.

And also just a side note that Trocheck seems to blend very well with him.  I like that chemisty they've seem to have found.

Trochek played with Panarin last night.  Just sayin'

I'm trying to find a stat that shows possession time with this 3rd line.  With as slow as Wheels has started, Tro and Cools have seemed to have dominated in possession time to the eye-test.  It might have something to do with Tro's Faceoff percentage being pretty high, but these guys always seem to have the puck, and/or chasing it into the O Zone.

Edited by Ozzy

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm trying to find a stat that shows possession time with this 3rd line.  With as slow as Wheels has started, Tro and Cools have seemed to have dominated in possession time to the eye-test.  It might have something to do with Tro's Faceoff percentage being pretty high, but these guys always seem to have the puck, and/or chasing it into the O Zone.

Ahem...Trochek centered the 2nd line last night.  He did not center Cuylle and Wheeler.  #12 did, whoever that is

2 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Ahem...Trochek centered the 2nd line last night.  He did not center Cuylle and Wheeler.  #12 did, whoever that is

Bonino....I know...I saw.

17 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

....talkin' the first 10 though....Trocheck plays a game I think Cuylle likes, and can mesh with.

look back a post, my good man! 😉

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I got you.

Screenshot-2023-11-08-at-3-31-54-PM.png

The possession numbers of Cuylle-Trocheck-Wheeler are good, but they do not have a 5v5 goal together. The irony is that the Cuylle-Trocheck pairing just happened to score goals in a marginal amount of time with other linemates besides Wheeler.

I still want to see Kakko with them. I really think Kakko will fit like a glove with those two, and if he stands a chance to turn a corner, it'll be with those two guys. Someone also mentioned Chytil with Cuylle and Kakko, which is also a great idea since we know Chytil and Kakko has worked well together in the past too. Need Chytil back...

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I got you.

Screenshot-2023-11-08-at-3-31-54-PM.png

The possession numbers of Cuylle-Trocheck-Wheeler are good, but they do not have a 5v5 goal together. The irony is that the Cuylle-Trocheck pairing just happened to score goals in a marginal amount of time with other linemates besides Wheeler.

I still want to see Kakko with them. I really think Kakko will fit like a glove with those two, and if he stands a chance to turn a corner, it'll be with those two guys. Someone also mentioned Chytil with Cuylle and Kakko, which is also a great idea since we know Chytil and Kakko has worked well together in the past too. Need Chytil back...

Youdda man!!!  Thanks dude....I'm usually a big fan of the "eye test", but in this case I was curious!!  Thanks again man!!  😃