• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sens Forced to Forfeit Future First-round Pick as a Result of Dadonov Trade Debacle; Pierre Dorion Out as GM

Phil

I mean, he's probably not a very good GM. He's been behind some of the biggest blunders in recent memory:

DeBrincat trade, Zaitsev, Mark Stone, Duchene. Hell, he's the one who traded away Zibanejad.

And we haven't gotten anywhere near the off ice stuff with Pinto (or the fact he couldn't even afford to sign him in the first place), or the fact he gave a NMC to Travis Hamonic.

So the Sens traded Dadonov to the VGK but did not include a valid no-trade list with the deal, leading the VGK to make a trade to the Ducks that violated the CBA?

This sounds like either gross incompetence or malignant design, either of which are very fireable offenses.

• Like 1

was definitely gross incompetence.

Vegas was probably out for some blood on this one. 32 thoughts discussed it and mentioned that Vegas really didn't like their public image of being cutthroat and trading players left and right and all of that stuff, so when this happened it really didnt help that image and made them look bad. They were pissed and wanted to set an example.

What I want to know is why there isn't a super simple solution to this. Like, a player submits a list. Shouldn't there be some kind of database with the league that they can monitor this? like why can't a GM log onto some system, look up a player and see if theyre on a no-trade list. Would save a lot of headaches.

• TroCheckmark 1

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Yup. Guy just paid a billion dollars to buy a team. You don't even inform him that there's two investigations happening into the team he's set to buy? Shady as fuck.

I think the league should give him a compensatory 1st round draft pick in a future draft, say in 2024, 2025, or 2026.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • LOL 1

49 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I think the league should give him a compensatory 1st round draft pick in a future draft, say in 2024, 2025, or 2026.

He should be given a first-rounder for each of the investigations he wasn't informed about during the buying process.

I agree that's shady and weird. 

I'm curious as to why the new owner's legal team weren't able to uncover these investigations. Seems like it should be due diligence to see if what you're purchasing isn't already in a legal battle, but idk what that process is like. 

• Keeps it 100 1

The league kept them tightly under wraps. Apparently he was told when asked if there were any issues he should know about, that there were none, so the league probably considered these matters unimportant to the sale process, which is insane (if true).