• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Welcome Back, Artemi Panarin?

Phil

57 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Fair enough, but he's a great guy with a great personal story who's playing his best hockey in several years.  If he fails again in the playoffs, fine, but until then I'm not going to say "yeah but" every time he does something good.

I hope his approach is with a "yeah, but" attitude. There's more to accomplish. If that's not his attitude, it's guaranteed to be more of the same.

You can only play the opponent in front of you. And he is playing well against the opponents in front of him.

If anyone's default response to any recognition of that is "well it only matters what he does in the playoffs" then just go away and stop commenting until the playoffs.

Let the rest of us enjoy yet another dominant season where he is the main reason we even get into the playoffs. 

Edited by Pete
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

You can only play the opponent in front of you. And he is playing well against the opponents in front of him.

If anyone's default response to any recognition of that is "well it only matters what he does in the playoffs" then just go away and stop commenting until the playoffs.

Let the rest of us enjoy yet another dominant season where he is the main reason we even get into the playoffs. 

Over the last 2-3 seasons I think we read enough posts bitching about the team being Igor and a PP, and it wouldn't be enough to win in the playoffs. This is no different.

If someone doesn't like valid criticism in a thread asking if Panarin is back, they should probably check out of the thread.

• Bullseye 1

10 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Over the last 2-3 seasons I think we read enough posts bitching about the team being Igor and a PP, and it wouldn't be enough to win in the playoffs. This is no different.

If someone doesn't like valid criticism in a thread asking if Panarin is back, they should probably check out of the thread.

That's a terrible comparison. Aside from that, valid criticism is one thing, what you do (hyperbole) is what I take issue with.

There's nothing to criticize about his game right now. He's firing on all cylinders, and so is his line. If all you have to say about that is bringing up his past playoff performances, there's nothing he can do about it until April, so it's just a dishonest argument right out of the gate.

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's a terrible comparison. Aside from that, valid criticism is one thing, what you do (hyperbole) is what I take issue with.

There's nothing to criticize about his game right now. He's firing on all cylinders, and so is his line. If all you have to say about that is bringing up his past playoff performances, there's nothing he can do about it until April, so it's just a dishonest argument right out of the gate.

Nah. It is very much the same. Attempting to completely throw out playoff performance in a discussion about "Panarin being back" is, quite frankly, spoken like a fan who is accustomed to accepting a losing result. A James Dolan "just fill the seats and make the playoffs" mindset. I'm not going to carry a James Dolan mindset. I want better.

Regardless, I've said more in this thread than what you are claiming. I just don't think it's necessary that everyone has to fellate Panarin over 5 regular season games, just because you feel a certain way about him. I will do a half-fellate. Just the tip. He's a terrific regular season player. No more, no less, until proven otherwise - and we all hope he does prove otherwise. Then I'll do the shaft.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Nah. It is very much the same. Attempting to completely throw out playoff performance in a discussion about "Panarin being back" is, quite frankly, spoken like a fan who is accustomed to accepting a losing result. A James Dolan "just fill the seats and make the playoffs" mindset. I'm not going to carry a James Dolan mindset. I want better.

Regardless, I've said more in this thread than what you are claiming. I just don't think it's necessary that everyone has to fellate Panarin over 5 regular season games, just because you feel a certain way about him. I will do a half-fellate. Just the tip. He's a terrific regular season player. No more, no less, until proven otherwise - and we all hope he does prove otherwise. Then I'll do the shaft.

You told us all off-season how Panarin was regressing and would be under a ppg.

• Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Nah. It is very much the same. Attempting to completely throw out playoff performance in a discussion about "Panarin being back" is, quite frankly, spoken like a fan who is accustomed to accepting a losing result.

No one is doing that. It's October, and all there is to talk about is the 5 games he's played. He can't exorcize playoff demons in October.

A James Dolan "just fill the seats and make the playoffs" mindset. I'm not going to carry a James Dolan mindset. I want better.

You aren't a decision-maker, it doesn't matter what you want. Your choice is to take what the team gives you or don't watch the team. But I do love how you keep repeating this, as if it somehow makes you a "better" fan than anyone else.

I didn't open this thread, so the bolded is a waste of breath.

I just think if all you have to say is "playoffs playoffs playoffs", then it's a cop-out POV, hold your commentary until the playoffs begin if that's all you care about...Maybe this thread just isn't for you.

16 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

You told us all off-season how Panarin was regressing and would be under a ppg.

Nope. That’s not what I said. I said the odds were at his age is he was more likely to trend downwards than remain the same or trend back up. It’s too early to say he is defying the odds, but the early return is promising.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

No one is doing that. It's October, and all there is to talk about is the 5 games he's played. He can't exorcize playoff demons in October.

You aren't a decision-maker, it doesn't matter what you want. Your choice is to take what the team gives you or don't watch the team. But I do love how you keep repeating this, as if it somehow makes you a "better" fan than anyone else.

I didn't open this thread, so the bolded is a waste of breath.

I just think if all you have to say is "playoffs playoffs playoffs", then it's a cop-out POV, hold your commentary until the playoffs begin if that's all you care about...Maybe this thread just isn't for you.

The thread has been going fine with intelligent points and discussion. You seem to be the only one with a problem.

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

He is playing a bit more different though. Would you agree to that?

It's not the same style that we have seen since the Tom Wilson incident. He's going through traffic and isn't playing that perimeter nonsense he had been. Same with Lafrenière.  

I thought he was playing very similar to this way in the playoffs too, but kept missing the net.  

I'm excited with the way he's playing. I'm surprised you're not. There's a clear difference between this Panarin and the one we've been seeing.

He's "on".

Atleast play with the balls a little. Tickle the balloon knot.  Something more than just the tip . 

Edited by The Dude
  • LOL 1
  • Cheers 1
  • JIMMY! 1
  • Applause 1

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He is playing a bit more different though. Would you agree to that?

It's not the same style that we have seen since the Tom Wilson incident. He's going through traffic and isn't playing that perimeter nonsense he had been. Same with Lafrenière.  

I thought he was playing very similar to this way in the playoffs too, but kept missing the net.  

I'm excited with the way he's playing. I'm surprised you're not. There's a clear difference between this Panarin and the one we've been seeing.

He's "on".

Atleast play with the balls a little. Tickle the balloon knot.  Something more than just the tip . 

Yes, he’s shooting more:

23 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

That’s fair. The shooting mentality is new. He’s pacing 246 SOG and 640 shot attempts. His career highs are 228 SOG, 470 SA.

He’s got a great shot and has never used it enough. His career high in goals should be a lot higher than the 32 it is.

I don’t think he‘s backchecking as aggressively or effectively as year 1 Panarin. He was an absolute menace at taking pucks away. But year 1 Panarin was not this willing to shoot, so I’ll take that trade because we need him to score above all else. He’s going to set a career high and score min 40 if he gets anywhere near 600 shot attempts. That’s a tough pace for him to keep given his track record. 

The linemates also deserve credit. Chytil and Lafreniere are good forecheckers. They are forcing turnovers and helping establish OZ possession. Panarin is the driver, but when we talk about his slot presence being higher, I would not say it’s because he’s taking the puck to the slot with aggression and creating his own shot. It’s because he’s going to the slot without the puck and receiving it on a pass. All 3 of his goals are a result of forced turnovers (Lafreniere) and/or passes to the slot (Chytil). Hopefully the line continues to produce. We are only 5 games in.

Don’t let one poster gaslight you into thinking I’m rooting against Panarin or haven’t acknowledged the positives. It’s nonfactual. I’m in the game threads and I don’t think I’ve had one bad thing to say about Panarin.

I’ll leave the balls to you!

• Like 2

Through the teams first five games, Panarin has appeared to be at the top of his game. Not only has he recorded a point in all of these games, but he currently leads the team in points (7), shots (21), and he is leading all forwards in time on ice per game (19:00). Laviolette is rewarding Panarin not only because of his play in the offensive zone, but also because of his urgency in the defensive zone. 

The Rangers have spent a ton of time as a team playing offense, per the NHL Edge, but it should also be noted that Panarin is spending 54.6% of the game in the offensive zone, which leads the entire NHL. Just like coach Laviolette wants, team defense is leading to offense which has been paramount for the positive play from Panarin in the first five games of the season. 

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/new-york-rangers/new-york-rangers/bread-is-pre-heating-a-look-at-artemi-panarins-hot-start

6 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yes, he’s shooting more:

I don’t think he‘s backchecking as aggressively or effectively as year 1 Panarin. He was an absolute menace at taking pucks away. But year 1 Panarin was not this willing to shoot, so I’ll take that trade because we need him to score above all else. He’s going to set a career high and score min 40 if he gets anywhere near 600 shot attempts. That’s a tough pace for him to keep given his track record. 

The linemates also deserve credit. Chytil and Lafreniere are good forecheckers. They are forcing turnovers and helping establish OZ possession. Panarin is the driver, but when we talk about his slot presence being higher, I would not say it’s because he’s taking the puck to the slot with aggression and creating his own shot. It’s because he’s going to the slot without the puck and receiving it on a pass. All 3 of his goals are a result of forced turnovers (Lafreniere) and/or passes to the slot (Chytil). Hopefully the line continues to produce. We are only 5 games in.

Don’t let one poster gaslight you into thinking I’m rooting against Panarin or haven’t acknowledged the positives. It’s nonfactual. I’m in the game threads and I don’t think I’ve had one bad thing to say about Panarin.

I’ll leave the balls to you!

But, Panarin is indeed creating turn overs. Like a lot. He's usually first on the man trying to exit the zone and has started a lot of chances due to how hard he is on the forecheck. It's absolutely criminal that he's only credited with 1 takeaway. There's no way. 

You're a bit hard on Panarin and you have your reasons. I don’t discredit some of your displeasures.

But we're in a Panarin dick sucking thread and you're the prude here. Suck the guys dick, would ya? You're waiting till wedding night, with your attitude of staying pure. 

We know there's a Josh's mom like whore in you somewhere. Suck him off! Be one of us. Join us. 

the lost boys GIF

• LMFAO 1

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

But, Panarin is indeed creating turn overs. Like a lot. He's usually first on the man trying to exit the zone and has started a lot of chances due to how hard he is on the forecheck. It's absolutely criminal that he's only credited with 1 takeaway. There's no way. 

You're a bit hard on Panarin and you have your reasons. I don’t discredit some of your displeasures.

But we're in a Panarin dick sucking thread and you're the prude here. Suck the guys dick, would ya? You're waiting till wedding night, with your attitude of staying pure. 

We know there's a Josh's mom like whore in you somewhere. Suck him off! Be one of us. Join us. 

the lost boys GIF

Nah. There's a split decision in this thread, and the thread title has a question mark in it because it's an open question. So no, not a Panarin dick sucking thread. I was just joking when I said it in an off the cuff kind of way, but I'm starting to think you've actually got a thing for it. Are you sure josh's dad didn't slip in at some point? It's fine if so. Hockey is for everyone.

creed-bratton-office-man-slipped-in-cree

• LMFAO 2

28 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Nah. There's a split decision in this thread, and the thread title has a question mark in it because it's an open question. So no, not a Panarin dick sucking thread. I was just joking when I said it in an off the cuff kind of way, but I'm starting to think you've actually got a thing for it. Are you sure josh's dad didn't slip in at some point? It's fine if so. Hockey is for everyone.

creed-bratton-office-man-slipped-in-cree

It's not just hockey that's for everyone. It's 2023 sir. Get with them times. Take one for the team. Guess you're not a "real fan" as they say.