• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Derek Stepan Announces Retirement After 13 NHL Seasons

Man, time really has to slow the fuck down. It still feels like yesterday that he came into camp for the 2010-11 season, and opened up a ton of eyes. And then he had a hat trick in his 1st NHL game.

Lots of memories along the way. He played very well for us, and played on some pretty damn good Ranger teams. A lot of great moments. None bigger than his Game 7 OT goal in 2015 to knock off the Caps. 

It was a pleasure watching him. Cheers Step! And congratulations on a great career!

Edited by RichieNextel305

• RichieNextel305 changed the title to Derek Stepan Announces Retirement After 13 NHL Seasons

Congratulations on a great career, Step! A good Ranger and one of my favorites. I can't believe he's 33, as it seems like he's been in the league forever. His Game 7 goal will be etched in my memory forever, and will always bring a smile to my face. What a moment in team history. I also remember the hat trick in his first NHL game like it was yesterday, as well as his hot Mom.

Happy trails, Derek!