• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PS #4: Rangers @ Islanders, 7pm — MSG, MSGSN

Phil

11 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Can't wait to get home and watch this gem on the dvr. Hopefully it failed to record it.

you mean the combo of Panarin/Trocheck that failed last year is failing? WOW shocking... lol i bet im the one who start the fire Laviolette thread first this year. 

7 minutes ago, Winter said:

you mean the combo of Panarin/Trocheck that failed last year is failing? WOW shocking... lol i bet im the one who start the fire Laviolette thread first this year. 

Didn’t work last year. Let’s add a bust to see what happens. 

4 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Just keep Laf on the left of Chytil and give him PP time.

Kreids- Trochek- Kakko

Laf- Chytil- Wheeler

Panarin- Zib- ?

This is what I'd like to see, with the minor tweak of switching Kakko and Wheeler. I'd be happy to see it this way too though.

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

This is what I'd like to see, with the minor tweak of switching Kakko and Wheeler. I'd be happy to see it this way too though.

It isn't rocket science that Vesey looked good next to Tro and Kreids so obviously Wheeler will propel that line even further. Then the kid line that has shown flashes. And THEN...you have the teams superstars on a line together. This makes way too much sense.....it'll never happen.

Just now, The Dude said:

They all look like ass. 

Gauthier looks good though.  

idk if you heard earlier, but someone on the broadcast said that he's been having a great preseason lol. 

Did I see/hear that correctly...these asswipes have 6 shots on goal through 34 minutes of hockey1?

7 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

It isn't rocket science that Vesey looked good next to Tro and Kreids so obviously Wheeler will propel that line even further. Then the kid line that has shown flashes. And THEN...you have the teams superstars on a line together. This makes way too much sense.....it'll never happen.

oh no who we gonna blame then?

11 minutes ago, phillyb said:

idk if you heard earlier, but someone on the broadcast said that he's been having a great preseason lol. 

Did I see/hear that correctly...these asswipes have 6 shots on goal through 34 minutes of hockey1?

Oh course he is. That boy good. 

I'm surprised they even had 6 shots. 

22 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

There's two fundamental flaws with the thinking, first of all what makes you think a checking line will be better with Wheeler on it than Vesey? That actually doesn't make any sense at all. And we know Laviolette wants a checking line, or at minimum wants the third line to have a specific role.

Secondly, yes the kid line showed flashes 2 years ago in the playoffs. But you need to do more than show flashes, which they didn't do last year. They are frighteningly inconsistent. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

There's two fundamental flaws with the thinking, first of all what makes you think a checking line will be better with Wheeler on it than Vesey? That actually doesn't make any sense at all. And we know Laviolette wants a checking line, or at minimum wants the third line to have a specific role.

Secondly, yes the kid line showed flashes 2 years ago in the playoffs. But you need to do more than show flashes, which they didn't do last year. They are frighteningly inconsistent. 

I wouldn't call that a checking line. That line had energy and created chances. Adding Wheeler just adds more offense but could slow it down so I'll digress.

Secondly, you're right. Just hard when you try to find the best spot for someone undeserving and the only place he looked remotely decent was on the kid line.

I'm at a loss honestly. Hoping the preseason is no indication of what's to come.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Sure, let's just keep giving Lafreniere PP time... As he puts on a clinic right in front of us.... On how bad he is on the power play.

This guy literally has no idea where the puck should go next after he gets it. 

Sure he does. Curl and chuck it to who ever is in the worst position to receive a pass. 

I think he's gotten worse. He feels the heat and displeasure of basically everyone. The fans and the media have revved it up this summer/camp he's really not dealing with the pressure well at all. 

Next step is a phantom injury that gets him a reprieve and a possible conditioning stint in the A to boost his confidence.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

The fact that Laf makes this team over Cuylle or Othmann speaks volumes for....well.....nothing at all. I'm on the "send Othmann to the AHL" train for his acclimation to pro play BUT honestly he looks to be an upgrade to a kid who we've been waiting for 3 years to WOW us and has fallen WAYYYY short.