• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Patrick Kane Focused on Returning to the NHL 'Over the Next Few Weeks'

Phil

13 minutes ago, siddious said:

i was hoping he would stay out longer so we had a chance to get him. at this stage I dont think theres room for him honestly.

He's Buffalo-bound IMO. Another one of those worst kept secrets in hockey things. They'll probably dump Olofsson to whoever to make room.

• Like 2

If this is truly the end of his Rangers career, then I am bummed. He's always been one of my favorite non-Rangers and to have him here was very exciting. But, factor in him being hurt and not 100%, to the disaster of a playoff run for the team, I'm really sad. This is going to be something that will always bother me. I now expect him to go somewhere else and be awesome again after having the procedure. 😔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

how is it a worst kept secret if its your opinion?

Because it's not just "my opinion," and I'm not pulling it out of thin air. It's been talked about in hockey circles for at least the last two years, including very recently by Dreger:

8 hours ago, Phil said:

He's Buffalo-bound IMO. Another one of those worst kept secrets in hockey things. They'll probably dump Olofsson to whoever to make room.

Same guess here, when I shared it early in the off season saying going home may very well interest him, some laughed. Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Patrick Kane DONE in New York (the city).

Thank God. Trying to find chemistry for him lost us some steam winding down the season. Team was roaring with the addition of Tarasenko and then it became very obvious that they tried to shoe horn Kane in. Wish the guy health and success but very happy it won't be here because he just didn't fit with our roster.

• Like 1

I wish there was a way to squeeze him back in. Still think he could be a major, major weapon for us. And I think he would be looking to prove a lot. Just hope he doesn’t end up in the arms of a rival. I still wish it would end up with him here, but that doesn’t look to be the case.

Edited by RichieNextel305

5 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Thank God. Trying to find chemistry for him lost us some steam winding down the season. Team was roaring with the addition of Tarasenko and then it became very obvious that they tried to shoe horn Kane in. Wish the guy health and success but very happy it won't be here because he just didn't fit with our roster.

Yeah. I don't blame Drury for getting him since he didn't cost much. But, it definitely had more of a negative effect than positive overall. Having said, he still produced nicely and was probably the best player for them in the playoffs. lol One of them, at least.

30 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I wish there was a way to squeeze him back in. Still think he could be a major, major weapon for us. And I think he would be looking to prove a lot. Just hope he doesn’t end up in the arms of a rival. I still wish it would end up with him here, but that doesn’t look to be the case.

Maybe if the Rangers had another month or so to work something out, then perhaps. But right now, I'll be shocked if it happens. Plus maybe management saw he just wasn't the best fit perhaps.

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah. I don't blame Drury for getting him since he didn't cost much. But, it definitely had more of a negative effect than positive overall. Having said, he still produced nicely and was probably the best player for them in the playoffs. lol One of them, at least.

Maybe if the Rangers had another month or so to work something out, then perhaps. But right now, I'll be shocked if it happens. Plus maybe management saw he just wasn't the best fit perhaps.

lil wayne party GIF by WE tv