• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gear Whores Unite!

Pete

Post it all here. Gear you have, gear you want, how you doctor your shit...All of it.

I'm getting custom skates. Gonna be the last pair I ever buy, so going with the whole 3D modeling of the foot, custom build, full profiling, the works. It's not gonna be cheap, but my feet will thank me later.

Edited by Pete

• Pete changed the title to Gear Whores Unite!
2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Nah, I'm 7 years in.  I don't even know what I'd do with a big bag that has wheels and a fully functional zipper.

Not have to carry your shit? That's the next investment, the vented bag with the fan. 

48 minutes ago, siddious said:

At this point I need all new gear. I’ve been using the same ultra lite stick for over a decade. These things never die 🤣 

not that I play these days anyway 

have you guys tried those custom hockey stick like twig or black sticks?

No, but a quick look says they're stupid heavy... You can probably get a low end model of a name brand for the same price. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Pete said:

No, but a quick look says they're stupid heavy... You can probably get a low end model of a name brand for the same price. 

Let me know how the custom skates are and if they’re worth it.

I’ve had issues finding comfortable skates for Iroller and ice my whole life. Ice in particular is not forgiving in my feet. Been curious to do it too. 

14 hours ago, siddious said:

Let me know how the custom skates are and if they’re worth it.

I’ve had issues finding comfortable skates for Iroller and ice my whole life. Ice in particular is not forgiving in my feet. Been curious to do it too. 

i got my son custom skates, he quit hockey after the season ended.  

• LMFAO 1

I still have Fedorov Nikes I stole from my last junior team in 2002.

Get many comments, lots of jealousy.

The runner is snapped in half, but as long as I only circle clockwise they still work. On the ice in these bad boys 3 or 4 times a week.

My favorite thing to do is just run anybody wearing True's out of the rink. They should probably be banned. They look like the $19.99 specials from Canadian Tire all the poor kids wore in the 80's.

Equipment is like crack. Have my 7 year old goalie kitted out nicely for under $1000. Move up to intermediate size and it's $4000. Senior? $6000!

They sell you the kids shit for virtually cost knowing you'll be back...

On 9/6/2023 at 5:51 PM, Pete said:

Post it all here. Gear you have, gear you want, how you doctor your shit...All of it.

I'm getting custom skates. Gonna be the last pair I ever buy, so going with the whole 3D modeling of the foot, custom build, full profiling, the works. It's not gonna be cheap, but my feet will thank me later.

What brand? Please say True.

😅

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

I just bought older kid mid range jet speeds, seem like a way better value than similar Bauers 

I went with custom Jet Speeds. 8 week lead time. 

The True were a complete joke. I couldn't even get my foot in turn the off the shelf skate. Even with the customs, it's a little too much for what I need them for. 

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

I still have Fedorov Nikes I stole from my last junior team in 2002.

Get many comments, lots of jealousy.

The runner is snapped in half, but as long as I only circle clockwise they still work. On the ice in these bad boys 3 or 4 times a week.

My favorite thing to do is just run anybody wearing True's out of the rink. They should probably be banned. They look like the $19.99 specials from Canadian Tire all the poor kids wore in the 80's.

Equipment is like crack. Have my 7 year old goalie kitted out nicely for under $1000. Move up to intermediate size and it's $4000. Senior? $6000!

There are a few people out there skating around with new custom Nikes.  Trying to get Nike to start making them again.
200.gif?cid=8354fbe5ujmx264zl3x3esrj9w47on the gram

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

This is why so much of my gear is still from 2013 or so...when I could afford it.  Goalie gear is fucking insane now, its ridiculous.

I think it's actually cheap  at least compared to 25 years ago.

I always had shit gear. I was called up to junior as an emergency back up when I was 14. I was probably 5'6. GM looked at my gear and told me to wear the backups stuff because I looked like I just arrived on a Helo from Vietnam.

Back up was 6'6. Warmups were extremely embarrassing.

You can find pretty good value in the mid range, now. Custom is custom, but with FB and shit, you can find deals.

On 9/15/2023 at 10:51 PM, Dunny said:

I think it's actually cheap  at least compared to 25 years ago.

I always had shit gear. I was called up to junior as an emergency back up when I was 14. I was probably 5'6. GM looked at my gear and told me to wear the backups stuff because I looked like I just arrived on a Helo from Vietnam.

Back up was 6'6. Warmups were extremely embarrassing.

You can find pretty good value in the mid range, now. Custom is custom, but with FB and shit, you can find deals.

Nah.  I don't wear other people's filth.  When I order gear its new and its always custom lol.  

edit -  Well, custom as far as pads/glove/blocker goes.  I'll search for my deals on other gear by buying new-old stock gear.  My skates were new top end in, idk, 2014-15?  But they're new skates that never sold.  Same thing with my sticks.  I'll buy sticks that were the top model a few years prior.  Sideline Swap is a goldmine for stuff like this.

Edited by SaveByRichter35