• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL Logo Draft — Which Team You Taking?

siddious

Where are the Black Hawks?  Back in 85-86 the yearbook contained the Rangers' players' answers to questions about their "favorites."  As for favorite opponents' sweater, all but two said Black Hawks.  That's one bad ass emblem.

• Keeps it 100 1

• Phil changed the title to NHL Logo Draft — Which Team You Taking?
On 8/5/2023 at 6:00 PM, Sod16 said:

Where are the Black Hawks?  Back in 85-86 the yearbook contained the Rangers' players' answers to questions about their "favorites."  As for favorite opponents' sweater, all but two said Black Hawks.  That's one bad ass emblem.

The internet has decided the Blackhawks logo is "offensive", so BarDown probably didn't want to get into that issue. 

23 hours ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

The internet has decided the Blackhawks logo is "offensive", so BarDown probably didn't want to get into that issue. 

If the NHL actually steps in and fucks with it, I'm going to freak out. That's about as classic as it gets. They are great uniforms. Sports has already fucked up with the Indians and Redskins, is hockey next?

The NHL won't be making that call. The Blackhawks will.

Also, not to make this a political thread, but the Indians (logo) and Redskins (name) absolutely needed to be changed. I'm not sure the Blackhawks do. I'd defer to the stakeholders — namely the fans of the team and the local native communities who the logo represents. This same method was used in determining whether or not University of North Dakota would change their name from Fighting Sioux to Fighting Hawks (a change they made after two years of focus group testing and countless stakeholder interviews with local Sioux leaders and groups).

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

They did that already, local natives were fine with it.

Yup. Last I read there was some concern from local natives through their leadership groups, but nowhere near a majority. And, fact is, the Hawks do a lot of work with them locally. I think that's why they've balked at the idea every time groups try to pressure them into changing it.