• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Have Options but Little Cap Space to Work With

Phil

4 hours ago, Long live the King said:

That's what the Rangers did from 2005 to 2017.  They played in the 2nd most playoff games during that time.  Had the 6th most playoff wins.  Unfortunately, they weren't able to win it, but hey, winning the cup is hard.  It also left us with no picks and no farm system.

They did minus the end results. Really only one almost in there for us with the loss to the Kings. TB actually cashed in on the hardest part while also have some near misses, pretty remarkable 10 year run which included rings.  Soul for sale over here for those results.

I'll take the bare shelves and no high picks.  But first even before I can say see that it cost them their future and crippled them  we have to see if TB does indeed crater for years or they continue to find a way to be competitive.  Absorbing the all we need to do is get to the dance and anything can happen rather than going in year after year as a top favorite to make a deep run.

8 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Absolutely zero interest in Wheeler. He’s yet another pass first player whose size leads non viewers to think he’s more physical than he is. Add in that he was stripped of his captaincy while commanding a notoriously toxic locker room. Wheeler is exactly what the Rangers don’t need.

He's a player that typically scores from the hard areas. He's not really physical,  but I don't consider him a weak, perimeter player. Strong on the puck., drives to the net, creates odd man rushes and isn't a turn over machine. Guy has atleast 11 fighting majors over his career, so it's not like he's overly wimpy. He's not Sam Bennet. But he's not Mika Zibanejad. 

Players get stripped of a C often. I don't think such a thing qualifys him as not being a good player or even a good teammate. Reading up on the matter, I believe Laine blames Wheeler and Scheifele for him getting moved. Meanwhile I thought he wanted out anyway, just like PLD has. Hayes wasn't happy there either, but he's obviously not any kind of role model himself. 

At the cost I'm suggesting, I think he fits pretty good. His style of play would be a welcome addition. 

Wondering if Trouba could extend an olive branch to his ex teammate to maybe get him to lower his price.