• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Lauri Pajuniemi Signs 1-Year Deal with SHL's Malmö Redhawks

Cash or Czech

The scoring prowess he developed in Finland never quite carried over to North America, and while he displayed some improvement this year, I don't think he has enough to his game to warrant much of an NHL look. He'll do well back in Europe, but the Rangers aren't really losing anything here.

• Phil changed the title to Lauri Pajuniemi Signs 1-Year Deal with SHL's Malmö Redhawks
11 minutes ago, Phil said:

That 2018 draft lookin' so good these days.

K'Andre Miller and a few months of Pat Kane.

I thought that was gonna be our Dallas draft. Kravtsov, miller and lundkvist were all gonna be quality contributing players for this team.

what awful scouting. 

1 hour ago, siddious said:

I thought that was gonna be our Dallas draft. Kravtsov, miller and lundkvist were all gonna be quality contributing players for this team.

what awful scouting. 

With every day that passes, I understand more and mroe and more why Drury fired the entire Euro scouting department.

• Bullseye 1

Scouting is one thing but it doesn’t mean shit if you can’t inject and develop these guys once they hit the nhl too. In the case of this years draft not really the issue (maybe somewhat krevtsov?) but still. 

id love to hear what they tell these young kids and what communication is like. By all accounts it’s awful. 

There were a lot of reports that Bobrov and that whole era were promising them all kinds of things they couldn't make right by. Presumably ice time, NHL roster spot guarantees, etc. It thoroughly explains the attitudinal problems with both Kravtsov and Andersson.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Phil said:

With every day that passes, I understand more and mroe and more why Drury fired the entire Euro scouting department.

This guy could of easily have done the same job, if not better job scouting.

spacer.png

Edited by jsrangers
  • LMFAO 1