• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rep Bet: Off Season Prediction Game

siddious

its been a slow day and it already seems like this off season has been 3 months long so lets play a game.

-You can only choose 10 predictions of all the available options.

-You can choose the same prediction multiple times with different parties involved if the prediction is open ended (i.e. Player gets traded: laf & Player gets traded: kakko)

-Each prediction is assigned points based on how likely it is to happen

-You cannot get partial points for a half correct answer (i.e. Rangers hire a coach- you guess the person wrong)

-Your prediction has to be in before it happens

Points get tallied up right before training camp- well do a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ranking.

Here are your predictions;

-Barclay Goodrow gets traded: 1 point 

-A goaltender other than Jaro Halak is signed: 1 point (guess who correctly for 2 extra points)

-Laugh gets traded: 1 point (guess where correctly for an extra point)

-Choose your own prediction: 1 point

-Name a team we trade with (any trade): 1 point

-Rangers hire an established re-tread coach (HC at least once in the NHL): 1 point

-Motte is re-signed but you have to guess the term or the AAV correctly: 2 points

-predict the laugh contract (years and term): 2 points 

-predict the miller contract (years and term): 2 points 

-Rangers trade a defenseman (name that defenseman): 2 points

-Knoblauch gets named asst coach: 2 points

-Guess the position the rangers draft with their first pick: 2 points

-Guess the nationality of the player the rangers draft with their first pick: 2 points

-Rangers trade their first rounder and a "kid" to move up in the draft: 3 points

-Rangers hire quenville as HC: 3 points

-Rangers draft a goalie in one of the first 3 rounds: 3 points

-Rangers trade their first pick of the draft: 3 points

-Trochek gets traded: 3 points

-Fox wins the Norris: 3 points

-Steve Valiquette gets hired in a coaching/advisory role (NOT media): 4 points

-Rangers hire _______ (not quenville) as HC: 4 points (name at least one member of his staff to double this to 8 points- not benny)

-Name any free agent the rangers sign (no current pending RFA/UFAS): 4 points

-Kreider, Zib, or Panarin get traded: 4 points

-No one gets traded. The rangers go with the exact same team next season + a free agent signing or call up: 4 points

-Laugh & one other "kid" (kakko, miller, schneider, chytil) are no longer on the team: 4 points

Wild Cards:

-Guess the week a new HC is announced (i.e. second week of june): 5 points (if you also guess the coach correctly with your other pick ill add an extra point)

-Guess the exact player the rangers draft with their first pick: 6 points

-Drury gets fired: 12 points

-Guess the first name of the medical trainer the rangers hire: 10 points

-Someone gets bought out: 10 points

-Laugh signs a 5+ year contract: 8 points

Winner gets to drink with me an ozzy

Edited by siddious
  • Cheers 1

1) Rangers hire Quenneville as HC: 3 points (I don't think it's a coincidence he's meeting with Bettman)

2) Guess the week a new HC is announced (i.e. second week of june): 5 points (if you also guess the coach correctly with your other pick ill add an extra point)

Guess: The week starting June 18th.

3) Name any free agent the rangers sign (no current pending RFA/UFAS): 4 points

Guess: Jonathan Toews.

4) Choose your own prediction: 1 point

Guess: Kane re-signs, very cheap just to re-unite with Q and Toews.

5) Barclay Goodrow gets traded: 1 point (Toews is the 4C, don't need Goody, and need his cap space)

6) Name a team we trade with (any trade): 1 point

Guess: Seattle (Goodrow)

7) Motte is re-signed but you have to guess the term or the AAV correctly: 2 points

Guess: 2 years (1.2M AAV)

8) Guess the exact player the rangers draft with their first pick: 6 points

Guess: Ethan Gauthier, RW - for the lolz

9) Guess the first name of the medical trainer the rangers hire: 10 points

Guess: John

10) Rangers draft a goalie in one of the first 3 rounds: 3 points

• Cheers 1

1 - A goaltender other than Jaro Halak is signed: 1 point 

2 - Rangers hire an established re-tread coach (HC at least once in the NHL): 1 point

3 - Guess the position the rangers draft with their first pick: 2 points - LW

4 - Rangers hire quenville as HC: 3 points 

5 - Guess the week a new HC is announced (i.e. second week of june): 5 points - Week beginning June 12

6 - Guess the exact player the rangers draft with their first pick: 6 points - Samuel Honzek

7 - Someone gets bought out: 10 points

8 - Rangers trade a defenseman (name that defenseman): 2 points - Zac Jones

9 - Name a team we trade with (any trade): 1 point - Nashville

10 - Choose your own prediction: 1 point - Ryan Lindgren signs an extension before training camp starts

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

1 - A goaltender other than Jaro Halak is signed: 1 point 

2 - Rangers hire an established re-tread coach (HC at least once in the NHL): 1 point

3 - Guess the position the rangers draft with their first pick: 2 points - LW

4 - Rangers hire quenville as HC: 3 points 

5 - Guess the week a new HC is announced (i.e. second week of june): 5 points - Week beginning June 12

6 - Guess the exact player the rangers draft with their first pick: 6 points - Samuel Honzek

7 - Someone gets bought out: 10 points

8 - Rangers trade a defenseman (name that defenseman): 2 points - Zac Jones

9 - Name a team we trade with (any trade): 1 point - Nashville

10 - Choose your own prediction: 1 point - Ryan Lindgren signs an extension before training camp starts

Who you thinking on the buyout pick? Goodrow?

8 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Who you thinking on the buyout pick? Goodrow?

I'm playing the numbers here more than anything. We have a long history of buying out players and 10 points for a buyout prediction feels like a somewhat against-the-gran pick that could pay off nicely to win this contest.

If anyone's getting bought out, though, Goodrow's a candidate. He's a cap credit (albeit a small one) for two years, then a near-trivial hit for every season through 2030-31 except 2026-27 (where he hits at marginally over his current hit). I just find it hard to think that Goodrow's not worth a third or so in a trade as it stands, and I see no reason to buy him specifically out unless I'm wrong about his valuation.

• Cheers 1

-Name a team we trade with (any trade): 1 point (Toronto Maple Leafs)

-Rangers hire an established re-tread coach (HC at least once in the NHL): 1 point (Quenneville)

-Motte is re-signed but you have to guess the term or the AAV correctly: 2 points (2 years)

-Rangers hire Quenville as HC: 3 points

-No one gets traded. The rangers go with the exact same team next season + a free agent signing or call up: 4 points

-Guess the week a new HC is announced (i.e. second week of june): 5 points (4th week of June [18-24])

-Guess the exact player the rangers draft with their first pick: 6 points (Charlie Stramel)

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

-Name a team we trade with (any trade): 1 point

-Rangers hire an established re-tread coach (HC at least once in the NHL): 1 point (Quenneville)

-Motte is re-signed but you have to guess the term or the AAV correctly: 2 points (2 years)

-Rangers hire Quenville as HC: 3 points

-Guess the week a new HC is announced (i.e. second week of june): 5 points (4th week of June [18-24])

-Guess the exact player the rangers draft with their first pick: 6 points (Charlie Stramel)

You forgot to name the team the rangers trade with

Edited the options since laugh and k’79 can’t go to arbitration. Edit your picks if you want. 

here are my picks:

-Rangers hire an established re-tread coach (HC at least once in the NHL): 1 point

-Motte is re-signed but you have to guess the term or the AAV correctly: 2 points 4 years 1.1mil

-Guess the position the rangers draft with their first pick: 2 points -defense

-Guess the nationality of the player the rangers draft with their first pick: 2 points - Canadian 

-Rangers hire quenville as HC: 3 points

-Rangers trade their first pick of the draft: 3 points

Wild Cards:

-Guess the week a new HC is announced (i.e. second week of june): 5 points (if you also guess the coach correctly with your other pick ill add an extra point) - week of June 26

-Guess the first name of the medical trainer the rangers hire: 10 points - Steve