• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Where Do You Want to See Connor Bedard Go?

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

In the lead up, they had highlights of all the previous top picks. Notably missing was any footage of Alexis Lafraniere. 

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

It makes sense. He's barely a third line player. No way he was drafted first overall.

Oh...

Sad Happy Hour GIF

• LMFAO 1

Warning signs are there... Undersized. Not the best skater... I'm not entirely sold on the translation to the NHL. 

I'll just leave this here...

"A gifted and versatile scoring winger with outstanding hockey sense and the ability to elevate his game when the situation calls for it, Lafreniere possesses many traits that scream elite and potential NHL superstar. From his deadly wrist shot to his superior playmaking and vision, the St. Eustache native checks every block imaginable when it comes to possessing the puck. What makes Lafreniere unique, however, is his insanely high compete level, tenacity on the puck, physicality, and selflessness. Play him on a line with equally heralded or accomplished prospects, and he’ll make it a point to tap into their strengths rather than make himself the center of attention.

Lafreniere is an excellent skater in all directions, but his powerful stride allows him to separate from opponents in open ice. It’s rare to see a winger nearing 200 pounds of any age to be able to turn on the jets immediately following a physical battle, but Lafreniere’s foot speed, long stride, and expert anticipation...."

• LMFAO 5

Just now, Dunny said:

Warning signs are there... Undersized. Not the best skater... I'm not entirely sold on the translation to the NHL. 

"A gifted and versatile scoring winger with outstanding hockey sense and the ability to elevate his game when the situation calls for it, Lafreniere possesses many traits that scream elite and potential NHL superstar. From his deadly wrist shot to his superior playmaking and vision, the St. Eustache native checks every block imaginable when it comes to possessing the puck. What makes Lafreniere unique, however, is his insanely high compete level, tenacity on the puck, physicality, and selflessness. Play him on a line with equally heralded or accomplished prospects, and he’ll make it a point to tap into their strengths rather than make himself the center of attention.

Lafreniere is an excellent skater in all directions, but his powerful stride allows him to separate from opponents in open ice. It’s rare to see a winger nearing 200 pounds of any age to be able to turn on the jets immediately following a physical battle, but Lafreniere’s foot speed, long stride, and expert anticipation...."

Yo I'm fuckin fumin right now

Who wrote that

• LMFAO 2

10 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Yo I'm fuckin fumin right now

Who wrote that

Doesn't matter, it's just a regurgitation of everything they heard Craig Button say. He watched the World Juniors, bro.

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

It makes sense. He's barely a third line player. No way he was drafted first overall.

Oh...

Be careful, we're not allowed to talk anymore that where he was drafted, only that he's a middling third liner not the best third line in the league with all the other top draft picks we have! 

• LOL 1
  • The Chyt! 1

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Be careful, we're not allowed to talk anymore that where he was drafted, only that he's a middling third liner not the best third line in the league with all the other top draft picks we have! 

Yeah well that's because the whole third line should be given PP1 time. Fuck why not if you're going to gift Laugh the time. That'll do the trick. Unleash all the mediocrity at once while destroying what's worked. 

Are we sure Laugh isn't from St. Mustache? Would seem to be the most accurate thing in that assessment. 

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

Lafreniere possesses many traits that scream elite and potential NHL superstar. From his deadly wrist shot to his superior playmaking and vision

Lol x3

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

checks every block imaginable when it comes to possessing the puck.

wtf? He barely know how to possess the puck. Just skates into the boards, dumps the puck and does a spin-o-rama without the puck. 

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

What makes Lafreniere unique, however, is his insanely high compete level, tenacity on the puck, physicality, and selflessness. Play him on a line with equally heralded or accomplished prospects, and he’ll make it a point to tap into their strengths rather than make himself the center of attention.

He's unique because of intangibles. And no he doesn't make anyone better.

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

Lafreniere is an excellent skater in all directions, but his powerful stride allows him to separate from opponents in open ice. It’s rare to see a winger nearing 200 pounds of any age to be able to turn on the jets immediately following a physical battle, but Lafreniere’s foot speed, long stride, and expert anticipation

Nah this can't be real.

The dude writing this should be banned from ever watching hockey again.

10 hours ago, Dunny said:

This is so  sad

People will rag on the Rangers about being shit when it comes to developing forwards. Mostly, they would be correct. With Laf, though? Man, I just don't think he's all that good, even if maybe he is in a much different spot than most first overall picks.

I don't think Bettman and the other NHL suits are upset that Bedard is going to Chicago as an original 6 team with one of the biggest markets in the league (behind only NY and LA).   I'm not ready to go full conspiracy theory mode because sometimes lotteries work out for popular teams but it does make you go hmm.  Ducks gets screwed again by the lottery, must be hard to watch the Kings in the playoffs.

On 5/8/2023 at 10:11 PM, Dunny said:

There is another Lafreniere out there?

• LMFAO 1