• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 ECSF: Maple Leafs vs. Panthers

Phil

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Leafs in 4
    • Leafs in 5
    • Leafs in 6
    • Leafs in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, PucksOnNet said:

I think Panthers take the cup this year.  Who’s with me?

Bobrovsky is playing at another level.  They underperformed all year but now seems they found their stride and. now firing on all cylinders.  

Bobrovsky is playing great hockey, and the Panthers are playing with a lot of confidence.  Regardless of the score they are playing solid hockey and continuing to generate scoring chances.

I think the Leafs have been getting sucked back into making the pretty passing places instead of simplifying their game, forechecking, jamming the net, and getting some ugly goals.  It will probably help the Leafs to go on the road and get out of Toronto, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it 2-2 or 3-1 Panthers heading back to Toronto.

Someone did the math on Youtube in a comment section, apparently the Panthers have basically the same record as the Leafs in 2023, so if you ignore their slow start this isn't really surprising. (and it's the Leafs so still wouldn't be)

Also, confidence is a helluva drug. Hard to undersell this Panthers team after they rallied to beat Boston. They look like a juggernaut now. Jeff Marek has been drawing (rightful) comparisons to the 2012 Kings team all morning.

• Keeps it 100 1

On 5/8/2023 at 12:43 PM, Sharpshooter said:

Florida found their President's Trophy form from last year and the most opportune time.

This years Panthers are the definition of lightning in a bottle and/or catching fire at the right time.

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Is it me or the camera angle is different for this game? Usually games in Florida are similar to Calgary, where the camera is lower than just about every other arena in the NHL. This angle seems new for that arena.

Or am I going nuts?

Man, I need a life.

Nah, feels high. Not a fan of these. San Jose's is the worst.