• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Laviolette, Capitals Mutually Agree to Part Ways

Key injuries to Backstrom and Wilson played a part, but the writing was on the wall when they shipped out Eller, Gustavsson, Johansson, Orlov, and Hathaway. This is a team going for a retool and going to have some younger guys come up. I don't think Laviolette is the right guy for that.

4 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

He won 1 cup when a third of our roster was still in diapers.  Only been to 2 finals since.  What exactly is he doing that makes him a must hire?

Well apparently even multiple recent cups doesn't qualify as an upgrade. 

Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Edited by Pete

18 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

He only won because Crosby.  Why would we want him coaching Zibanejad, Panarin, and the rest of our talent leaden roster? 

I can't imagine why, there's no proof that he would have success.

We should just stay with GG because he has all the real accomplishments like never reaching a third year of coaching the same team. 

On 4/15/2023 at 8:54 PM, Cash or Czech said:

?? My entire post is about Washington. 

Yes, but the scenario in Washington could also be described as the situation here. Vets out, but some retooling and some mixing of younger players in. 

This is a team going for a retool and going to have some younger guys come up. I don't think Laviolette is the right guy for that.

Some of us mentioned bringing him here.  So describing Washington's situation after such comments, confused me to think you didn't see him as a fit there or here. 

None the less. Laviolette has done extremely well with mixed aged rosters. Star rookies and extremely old vets seem to be what his roster makeups have been in his most successful years.