• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023 General MLB Thread

The Dude

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Orioles' Gibson: New HR celebration called 'homer hose,' not 'dong bong'
https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2625804

This is just stupid. Why is this allowed? Is this really where we're at? 

They play a childrens game for a living. Let them have more fun. 

In fact, I'd like to see body shots added to the home run derby.

• LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Banning the shift, and especially adding the pitch clock have been such welcome additions. In the Yankees game last night there were thirteen runs scored and the game took less than two and a half hours. Some of the other 7:00 PM games last night were done in a little over two. I could get used to this.

• TroCheckmark 1

35 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Banning the shift, and especially adding the pitch clock have been such welcome additions. In the Yankees game last night there were thirteen runs scored and the game took less than two and a half hours. Some of the other 7:00 PM games last night were done in a little over two. I could get used to this.

I'm loving this, Sharpy!!!  No more yawning marathon games!!! 

The only thing I still don't particularly like is the "ghost runner" shit in extra innings.  If the game is now sped up that much, at least let them play real baseball for a couple of innings before they go to the "ghost" crap.

Edited by Ozzy

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm loving this, Sharpy!!!  No more yawning marathon games!!! 

The only thing I still don't particularly like is the "ghost runner" shit in extra innings.  If the game is now sped up that much, at least let them play real baseball for a couple of innings before they go to the "ghost" crap.

Oh yeah, that I can agree with. I'm still surprised the players voted in favor of that, especially the pitchers.

• 6 months later...

World Series starts tonight, does anyone have any interest in it w/ it being Rangers vs. Diamondbacks?

Only interest I have is if Diamondbacks win, I may go to their opening day since I am going to Arizona for Rangers/Coyotes and D'backs opening day is that Thursday that I get to Arizona.  If they lose, i'll still go to a D'backs game but on Sunday the day I fly back to NY.  Other than that, could f'n careless about the World Series.  Scherzer is a scumbag, deGrom can potentially get a ring for not even playing this season, other than those 2 guys I don't think I can even name 2 more players on the Rangers.....and besides Corbin Carroll, Tommy Phan, Zac Gallen, and Brandon Pfaadt, have no idea who else is on that team.  

I don't really have a rooting interest necessarily, but I've always liked Bochy and it would be cool to see Montgomery get a ring after the Yankees fucked up with him. But they also have Chapman who quit on the team last year when he didn't make the postseason roster after being ass most of the season.

Hopefully it's a good series at least. This postseason has been great.