• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#74) Rangers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets — the Kids Are Alright

Just now, fletch said:

Checking the upcoming schedule for NYR,

Thurs at NJD, Fri at BUF, Sun at WSH

Wed vs TBL, Thur at STL, Sat at CBJ

Three games in four nights twice in a row?  Rough.  Does Halak’s agent have incriminating photos on the NHL scheduler?  If it’s that bad for all teams, what the hell?   If it’s that bad for just the Rangers, what the hell?

A lot of teams have the same schedule down the stretch this time year. 

Just now, Keirik said:

A lot of teams have the same schedule down the stretch this time year. 

So NHL looking to build to excitement for the chase for wild card spots?   ESPN/TNT wanting more games to televise in this window?  I’d be more worried about wear and tear on the stars  (imagine if Crosby got hurt in the Pens push.  The horror!)

It wasn’t a pretty, but there wasn’t much bout about who gets the two points. Shesty had been better in the second and third period. On to the Devils, it should be a good one, if the Rangers put up a better effort. Good night everyone…

• Believe 1

Well it took 70+ games into the season, but it looks like we finally have really good, stable line combinations. Kane and tro look like they have some chemistry, with still a bit more time to improve. Hopefully over this last stretch these line combos go from being really good to lethal.

Edited by Jdog99

• Phil unpinned this topic

First off, the pretzels at MSG are fucking horrendous!  I finished all the Boston Creams on the train, so Yukon was left out in the cold tonight. 

A couple of observations from being there and seeing it live:

1) Chris Kreider has to be arguably one of the most frustrating players to watch.  He makes some of the dumbest and laziest plays.

2) Igor is from another fucking dimension.  If he's not the MVP of this team, no one is!  I'm sorry kids, that game could've been 6-3 at the end of the 1st period...EASILY! 

In spite of our defensive woes, we still get a rousing 2 points from a rather woeful Blue Jackets team.

And here are the Top 13 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by none other than Dunkin' Donuts, who are debuting their newest flavor this week: "Honey-Dipped-Hair Pie"

6 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Did Ozzy find Laf’s secret stash of pussy flavored donuts at MSG yet?

5 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

Yes but it's the Rosie O'Donnell Jelly donut

5 hours ago, Keirik said:

Miller out of position. Drink! 

4 hours ago, Dem said:

Tarasanko is talking into his glove on the bench. He's talking about the guy w the donuts behind the bench

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

Sam Rosen dumping out PP/PK stats off his game notes like a stripper dumping them out in hopes of some quick singles from a crowd of rowdy drunks. Sounds like he thinks the Rangers PK is so good taking dumb penalties is a great idea. Guess again. 

4 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

First defensive play wins?

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

I swear, this team sometimes…

”oh you think that last shift was bad positioning? Wait, hold my beer”

3 hours ago, fletch said:

As opposed to scoring chances in the neutral zone.  This is me sober.  Apparently I post better after a drink or three.

3 hours ago, siddious said:

@Ozzy shows up With donuts and Laf is having his most dynamic offensive game as a ranger. Def not a coincidence. 

I’ll reserve judgement until I see him throw his helmet 

3 hours ago, Dem said:

To hell w buying the cute girl behind the bench tickets, we need to fund Ozzy until eliminated or hoisting the cup!!

Gaudreau and Goodrow… Sam’s about to explode 

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

@Pete way to go trivia! Or should we call u yeti? 🤔

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to the Big Man!!!  @Keirik

We've been saying it all season, and if we have an Achilles heel, that's it! 

Either way, one thing's for sure, The Panarin line has eyes in their ass.  That last setup to Mika brought us to our feet, and I think Schneider is slowly becoming one of our best defenseman.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

4 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I've seen it a bit, not a lot. Columbus' lineup got wrecked by injuries, but you're most likely right about the coach.

Pulling the goalie down 2 works once in a blue moon.  You hear of it happening about once every two years.  The most famous instance was Tor-Boston 7th game in 2010.  I have never heard of a team tying a game after pulling the goalie down 3, although teams are increasingly doing it, especially if they have a PP.