• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Son of Flyers GM Daniel Brière Allegedly Damages Wheelchair in 'Disturbing Video'

Phil

After a video surfaced on social media showing NCAA hockey player Carson Brière pushing a wheelchair down a flight of stairs at a nightclub, criticism quickly followed. The video of Brière’s actions, originally posted by Julia Zukowski on Tuesday, received several million views on Twitter.

According to reports, the wheelchair had been left at the top of a flight of stairs at the inaccessible establishment, while the user had been carried down the stairs to utilize a washroom. In their absence, Brière is seen pushing the wheelchair down the stairs before returning to the nightclub.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/son-of-flyers-gm-daniel-briere-allegedly-damages-wheelchair-in-disturbing-video-165849544.html

• VINNY! 1

• Phil changed the title to Son of Flyers GM Daniel Brière Allegedly Damages Wheelchair in 'Disturbing Video'

Yeah regardless of who's kid (jackass) this is. It takes a very special level of being a piece of shit human being to push a wheelchair down the steps. I bet that fucker would be in tears if he were stuck in one for more than two days with no hope of getting out. 

Fuck the two days let him switch places with Jack for fuck it say 15 mins and I bet he's looking for a way out.

Edited by jsrangers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

When I read this, at first, I thought it said there was someone in the chair when he pushed it down the stairs. But still, pushing an empty one is still awful.

It's just super fucked up, because it turns out the girl who used it was carried to the bathroom. She has to deal with this kind of embarrassment already. Imagine having to be carried to the bathroom, probably helped using it, and then when you are carried back to your chair, you find it thrown to the bottom of a set of stairs and damaged. It's just completely humiliating.

Reminds me of a kid I went to high school with who got suspended for — get this — kicking the crutches of a kid who had muscular dystrophy. Just so, so, so fucked up. And he did it just to laugh at him when he fell.

• Like 1

This is probably the only time he will do anything worth media attention, and it will be what he is known for for the rest of his life.  I have two suggestions for him.  First, spend a great deal of time volunteering to help handicapped people.  Second, avoid spending time in prison, because you will be a major target.

I am reluctant to get on my high horse about things like this, because it feels like a sign of weakness to build yourself up by knocking down what is obviously so bad.

Edited by Sod16

2 hours ago, Phil said:

It's just super fucked up, because it turns out the girl who used it was carried to the bathroom. She has to deal with this kind of embarrassment already. Imagine having to be carried to the bathroom, probably helped using it, and then when you are carried back to your chair, you find it thrown to the bottom of a set of stairs and damaged. It's just completely humiliating.

Reminds me of a kid I went to high school with who got suspended for — get this — kicking the crutches of a kid who had muscular dystrophy. Just so, so, so fucked up. And he did it just to laugh at him when he fell.

Exactly this. I can relate on a very small scale after my accident I was in a wheelchair unable to move my legs for close to two months and my arms minimally. The prognosis wasn't good at all that things would improve. I assure you that there are days, many of them were you wish you wouldn't wake up. Life is humiliating living it from that vantage point. Can't begin to tell you guys what it's like when a arm or leg(s) don't move when you want them to.

There are plenty of scumbags like this kid out there, just two weeks ago one of my best friends that I met through the rehab process (a 24 year old kid) who is still in a wheelchair going on 3 years with very little chance of that ever changing was at a private small rehab, needed help to get from the chair into the bathroom in a common area and when he was done and text the PT owner to come get him to help him into his 5k chair it was gone someone had stole it. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Phil said:

3 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Exactly this. I can relate on a very small scale after my accident I was in a wheelchair unable to move my legs for close to two months and my arms minimally. The prognosis wasn't good at all that things would improve. I assure you that there are days, many of them were you wish you wouldn't wake up. Life is humiliating living it from that vantage point. Can't begin to tell you guys what it's like when a arm or leg(s) don't move when you want them to.

There are plenty of scumbags like this kid out there, just two weeks ago one of my best friends that I met through the rehab process (a 24 year old kid) who is still in a wheelchair going on 3 years with very little chance of that ever changing was at a private small rehab, needed help to get from the chair into the bathroom in a common area and when he was done and text the PT owner to come get him to help him into his 5k chair it was gone someone had stole it. 

People are such scum

I’m shocked by this guy’s actions. 23 is not 18. Not that an 18 year old doing something like this would be acceptable but the maturity level is different. At 23 doing this? Wtf.

On a side note, how in the heck is there no accessibility in a bar like that for handicapped people?

https://nypost.com/2023/03/16/woman-whose-wheelchair-was-pushed-down-stairs-by-carson-briere-blasts-his-insincere-apology/amp/

Briere's son sounds like a model citizen. Kicked off ASU's hockey team in 2019 for violation of team rules. Sounds like he has had a nice pompous life of hand outs. If at 23 he hasn't figured it out, he may be living off the fat from Daddy's career forever.

Aw man, kids these days get no slack. Back in my day we did that shit for fun! These cameras are too extensive, they catch everything. We didn't have to find out when we fucked around.

/s

Also probably how a couple folks feel...

Edited by Cash or Czech
  • LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

• 2 weeks later...

Carson Briere Cut From Mercyhurst Hockey Team After Pushing Wheelchair Down Stairs

Carson Briere will not suit up for the Mercyhurst Lakers hockey team next season after he was caught on video pushing an unoccupied wheelchair down a set of stairs at a bar.

The university announced his removal from the team on Monday.

“Carson Briere has been removed from the Mercyhurst University Men’s Ice Hockey Team,” the team’s account shared on Twitter. “Mercyhurst cannot comment further on the matter.”

fuck off kid

52 minutes ago, Phil said:

Guy needs to figure it out. This is the second time he's been kicked off his hockey team. If he wants to make a go of this, he really needs to get it in gear.

It's over brotha. We have seen how open teams are to giving second chances to moral monsters. This is a pretty bad look and much like the kid who was bullying the other for years on end (we can all agree that was eons worse), the optics of giving Briere a chance would shine poorly upon that franchise. The guy literally gave double birds to a girl in a wheelchair just to be an asshole. He is cooked.

Enjoy living off Daddy because you ain't going anywhere fast on skates!!