• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Congrats to the Kids

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

Again.  I didn't initially say he would "blow the doors off Lafrenière and Kakko" production wise. I meant by being an all around useful player. I later said he could probably beat their rookie productions which are piss poor 23 and 21 points. Yes, I think he can absolutely hover around or above those numbers while also being a pest, a PKer and maybe even used sparingly on a PP. 

The production isn't what I'm talking about. His game. His style of play. His attitude. If he doesn’t score in the NHL at elite Jr level... I DON'T CARE, because that's not the part of his game I'm excited about or am thinking pushes him into the NHL. 

I've said over and over that he doesn’t have to come in and be their future 1st liner. He can come in and still work as a net positive as a bottom 6 player. He can contribute in other ways besides the score sheet.  Unlike Lafrenière, whom seems to be lack luster as a 3rd line. Which makes sense.  Because he shouldn't be a 3rd liner. He doesn't fit there and he's not playing up to what we all expected because of it. 

Lafrenière needs top 6 minutes with good players and some PP time to be what is expected of him. While Othmann can build his game on the bottom 6 and not be depended on for goals. 

Ok, I must have skimmed a bit too hard.

Don’t really disagree with any of this.