• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Family Room Game Decision

jsm7302

So we are putting on a family room addition. I'm weighing out what type of game to get for the room. Options:

Bubble Hockey

Shuffleboard Table

Small Ping Pong Table

Dartboard

(Not interested in air hockey or foosball)

Not a ton of space but  was hoping to get some feedback from others who may have these games. 

If it’s between those choices I go bubble hockey with ping pong as second choice. 

we got rid of it as it was falling apart already but in my last apartment we had a foosball table which was always a hit when people came over. As soon as my basement is done being renovated i am getting another. 

• Cheers 1

I was leaning towards the shuffleboard table due to size but don't want a dust collector so I really appreciate the insight this far.

Sounds like a small ping pong table or foosball may be the play. I want it to get used for sure from kids through adults.

(Didn't realize the price for bubble hockey) 

We have a Nintendo switch so I'm not feeling like the arcade game is an option BUT pinball may be a new entry into the convo.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, siddious said:

If it’s between those choices I go bubble hockey with ping pong as second choice. 

we got rid of it as it was falling apart already but in my last apartment we had a foosball table which was always a hit when people came over. As soon as my basement is done being renovated i am getting another. 

Dude....party at your house next time!!  LOL

4 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

I think you have a good set of options, but table tennis/ping pong can take up a lot of space and you said don't have a ton.

I found some 6' ping pong tables. Not sure if that will just be the ball flying off the table constantly and not much fun. Tbh I haven't played much ping pong but know it can be a hit with people.

I like Keith's idea of a pinball machine!!  I also think you could get a few cocktail table Pac Man or Miss Pac Man games.  Nowadays I think you can get a slew of games as a collection, to play on those cocktail tables, like Defender, Missile Command, and all those old arcade games.

Punch out was always a fun one!  LOL