• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kings Re-Sign Mikey Anderson to 8-Year/$32.8m Extension; $4.1M AAV

LindG1000

• Phil changed the title to Kings Re-Sign Mikey Anderson to 8-Year/$32.8m Extension; $4.1M AAV
11 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

This guy has 33 career points. K’Andre has 29 this season. Wonder how this deal influences negotiations

I don't think it will impact him too much. K'Andre and Anderson are not the same type of players. Anderson is more Lindgren than Miller.

I wonder if this is the way to go with Lindgren tho. He's a vital part of this team and I would hate to see him go. I know the cap will be a problem, but that's why I think a deal like this would be the best way to go.

He'll be 26 next summer when he's a UFA. Give him 8 years around 4-5m. He'll have security for the rest of his career and we'll have him locked up for all his prime years for a cheap AAV. Just make it tradeable in the last 2-3 years.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I don't think it will impact him too much. K'Andre and Anderson are not the same type of players. Anderson is more Lindgren than Miller.

I wonder if this is the way to go with Lindgren tho. He's a vital part of this team and I would hate to see him go. I know the cap will be a problem, but that's why I think a deal like this would be the best way to go.

He'll be 26 next summer when he's a UFA. Give him 8 years around 4-5m. He'll have security for the rest of his career and we'll have him locked up for all his prime years for a cheap AAV. Just make it tradeable in the last 2-3 years.

I don't think he'll last the eight years with his injury history and style of play TBH. I would like to keep him on a shorter 3-4 year deal.

5 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I don't think he'll last the eight years with his injury history and style of play TBH. I would like to keep him on a shorter 3-4 year deal.

I guess, but I think this point is overly exaggerated as well. He gets his fair share of bruises, but I don't think he's struggled with anything major (ankles, knees, back, shoulders).

And he's still only 25 and just played ~250 NHL games. He got lots left in his tank. 8 years deal when he's 26, make it tradeable after year 4 so that we can trade him if he falls off a cliff after turning 30.

Lindgren - Fox is just a too good duo to split up. Come playoff time they're playing almost 50% of every game, so investing 4-5m in Lindgren is a good idea.

I have no idea what his AAV demands would be for a 3-4 year deal, but I'm guessing it would be a lot higher. With a 4 year he takes a massive risk with his health, having to get a new contract at 30/31.

40 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Right. He's their long term Goodrow, except on defense. The Rangers need to start taking the approach of long term deals that might cause a temporary setback in the short term, in order to generate great cap value and longer windows of legitimate contention later. There's going to be some major moving around and decisions to be made starting in Summer 2024 with Kakko and Lindgren. Then again in 2025 with Shesterkin and Miller/Lafreniere, if we assume for a second that both those guys sign two year bridges this summer.

52 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The Rangers need to start taking the approach of long term deals that might cause a temporary setback in the short term, in order to generate great cap value and longer windows of legitimate contention later.

I agree although that’s gonna be hard to do with a plethora of large (some terrible) contracts already on the books. 

can’t give a contract like this to Chytil now because we need the cap space now. It’s a cycle drury is going to have to get creative about to address.

5 minutes ago, siddious said:

I agree although that’s gonna be hard to do with a plethora of large (some terrible) contracts already on the books. 

can’t give a contract like this to Chytil now because we need the cap space now. It’s a cycle drury is going to have to get creative about to address.

Yup. It can’t really start with Chytil now. And it can’t be done with Lafreniere or Miller now either. If I were betting on it, I think they’d like to do that with Miller now but won’t be able to.

But Summer 2024 is when significant moves can be made to the roster to better pursue long term deals for the young guns.

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Basically this contract is a starting point for Lindgren to negotiate from. I don’t see how we keep him if we’ve also already retained Miller and also need to figure out what to do with Schneider 

Well if tossing things in anger is the key to success, add Trouba contract to top of pile and launch it. 

• The Chyt! 1