• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Horvat Rejects Canucks' Offer, Team Now Focused on Trade Market

jsm7302

• Phil changed the title to Horvat Rejects Canucks' Offer, Team Now Focused on Trade Market

They probably gave Miller the contract they should have given to Horvat, but there's no putting the toothpaste back in the tube. Frankly, if I'm Horvat, I'd want out anyway. He's played in precisely 23 playoff games to date because of the franchise he plays for.

There will be no shortage of teams after his services at the deadline, and especially in the summer. I bet Boston is gonna be all over him.

I assumed the Canucks would be asking for a futures-only package, as selling, retooling teams most often do when they’re dealing with an in-season trade for a pending unrestricted free agent. But so far, it seems that Vancouver is looking instead for more of a hockey deal — to upgrade at center ice and/or right-shot defense if possible and bring in a player in the twentysomething age range this Canucks management group has focused on since coming on board.

First, it tells you that the Canucks don’t feel that competing for a playoff spot this season is far-fetched. And look at the standings. They’re still only a few points back from a wild-card spot.

Second, it could signal the possibility of an acquiring team signing Horvat to a contract extension as part of a trade. That possibility is easier said than done, but if it happens, it would augment the return value for the Canucks.

I would jump on that, 225lbs should be hard to play against, knows how to score. The only problem i have, he doesnt seem to be 200ft player. His +/- sucks through out his career.

i would also try and see what he wants for his next contract before making that trade.

You are 100% correct, only watched 8-10 games with him playing.