• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #29] Rangers @ Colorado Avalanche — Avalanche? More Like Ambulance, Amirite!?

Phil

Hey, any of you guys ever play in an arena in Long Beach? Think it was called the Nassau Arena in the 70’s. The Rags practiced there when Skateland was under going refurb. It was just renamed Emile Francis rink or something. My high school team practiced there. One EARLY morning we were getting off the ice and the next team  was coming on dressed in ratty sweats. They were FLYING!!! My buddy says “umm, Chief…that’s Pete Stemkowski, Walt Tchkuk, Steve Vickers. It’s the F’n Rangers!!!” They were really cool and skated with us for a bit. A day we’ll never forget! 

Edited by NY Chief
  • Like 4
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, NY Chief said:

Hey, any of you guys ever play in an arena in Long Beach? Think it was called the Nassau Arena in the 70’s. The Rags practiced there when Skateland was under going refurb. It was just renamed Emile Francis rink or something. My high school team practiced there. One EARLY morning we were getting off the ice and the next team  was coming on dressed in ratty sweats. They were FLYING!!! My buddy says “umm, Chief…that’s Pete Stemkowski, Walt Tchkuk, Steve Vickers. It’s the F’n Rangers!!!” They were really cool and skated with us for a bit. A day we’ll never forget! 

That’s a pretty awesome story!