• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Drew a Penalty

Crystal Skull wasn't bad, it just wasn't very good. That's completely unacceptable for an otherwise unimpeachable franchise like Indy. I think it's biggest problem is that it completely lacks the rewatchability of the original trilogy.

32 minutes ago, Phil said:

Crystal Skull wasn't bad, it just wasn't very good. That's completely unacceptable for an otherwise unimpeachable franchise like Indy. I think it's biggest problem is that it completely lacks the rewatchability of the original trilogy.

Yes, exactly. The movie disappointed me so much that I felt it was kind of a franchise killer, and that Indiana Jones should just hang up his whip and pistol, but this has given me hope.

• Like 1

Honestly, I never thought there was much point in going back to the Franchise after so many years and then Chrystal Skull was a mess.

Very much a shame, cause it started out pretty solid, first half when it's just Indy and Shia was well enough, but after that it goes downhill fast.

New trailer is already at least 50% pandering to Nostalgia, so not too optimistic about this one, will wait for what people say about it.

Crystal skulls is easily the worst Indiana Jones movie but I really didn’t think it was nearly as bad as everyone claimed it to be. 

i remember the plot being the central gripe people had with it but ancient aliens is just as far out there as the arc of the covenant or Christ’s cup 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Yuck. Come onnnn. Did is see the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon in that trailer? Harrison Ford is an awesome actor. Why is he stuck in these roles? What bridge did he burn in Hollywood? 

Come on. This is a classic series. One more kick at the can is fine by me considering how few left there can be given his age. Do you prefer him to do rom dons instead? 😛

• 7 months later...
1 minute ago, siddious said:

You saw it? I’m not expecting much.

It was long and just not much fun. I love Indy, he’s my go to lazy Halloween costume. I even enjoy some of the episodes of the 90s TV series. This movie was just unnecessary. Crystal Skull might be better to me.

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Hollywood is just completely vapid and out of ideas. Almost everything is just unnecessary reboots and sequels, or really bad original ideas. Most of the times it just feels like they're churning stuff out just because.

It’s too easy to make money and there are too many people making things for quality to matter. It’s the same thing with music… find a formula that works and churn it out. That plus you can’t make anything funny or raunchy anymore. It’s all just a fucking Disney special these days. 

you’d think 20 different streaming services competing for subscriptions would lead to better content but somehow it’s diluted it to the point where 1/1000 things to come out is decent. 

17 hours ago, siddious said:

It’s too easy to make money and there are too many people making things for quality to matter. It’s the same thing with music… find a formula that works and churn it out. That plus you can’t make anything funny or raunchy anymore. It’s all just a fucking Disney special these days. 

you’d think 20 different streaming services competing for subscriptions would lead to better content but somehow it’s diluted it to the point where 1/1000 things to come out is decent. 

19 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Hollywood is just completely vapid and out of ideas. Almost everything is just unnecessary reboots and sequels, or really bad original ideas. Most of the times it just feels like they're churning stuff out just because.

I think there's also an expectation that with exponentially more content there will be exponentially better content. And that's not always the case. And it doesn't need to be.

If you're going to see Indiana Jones at this point looking for a life-changing experience, then you're making a mistake. It's the same as fast and furious. It's just a nostalgic franchise that's 2 hours of good fun and doesn't need any deeper meaning, it doesn't need to be necessary, it just needs to be fun and entertaining.

If you're going there looking for some type of deep storyline, character arc, all the loose ends get tied up in a bow with no plot loopholes or suspension of disbelief... Then you're missing the point of these franchises. 

Edited by Pete

19 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

I feel like at this point only two groups are watching these movies, those that honestly don't care and just want have some light fun and those who want to make an angry Youtube review afterwards.

That is accurate. I'm sure the Indy movie is fine and I'm looking forward to seeing it regardless of my above complaint, which is still accurate. 😏

29 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

That is accurate. I'm sure the Indy movie is fine and I'm looking forward to seeing it regardless of my above complaint, which is still accurate. 😏

I don't really disagree with you btw, Hollywood has lost the ability to just let a story end and be done with it.

I am just tired of the constant whining about it by channels immediately jumping on blaming "wokism" (and Kathleen Kennedy, because every "religion" needs an Anti-Christ after all) for all the issues.

Meanwhile one can see the bland corporatism in all these projects from a mile away, why is Shia LeBoufs character not back for this movie? Cause people hated him and studio reacts to that, why was "Force Awakens" basically a remake of the old Star Wars movies? Because Fans claimed they wanted the old stuff again and hated on the prequels.

I haven't seen Star Wars stuff since The last Jedi (outside Boba Fett TV series because my Dad watched it pre-Superbowl) and I don't plan on watching this movie either, I won't give them money for half-assed sequels that were only made to make money.

At the same time there's people like a colleague of mine, who really enjoyed all new SW movies, cause he doesn't really care about them much outside of being entertained and while I don't understand it, I guess it's fine.