• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #17] Rangers vs Arizona Coyotes — the Puck Goes in the Net

Drew a Penalty

2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I didn't mean it to come across sarcastic.  Just saying he acknowledged they need to tighten it up.

Oh, I hear you, I'm saying I don't think they know how.

I think all the issues with this team are coaching related. That's not to saying "everything would be right" with a new set of coaches, but I do think there would be "less wrong".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Did I stop reading? No. Have I seen Trouba be a marginal defensive player for years now? Yes. I don't care about what he wants, I care about what he does.

So he either doesn't know how to play a solid game and needs coaching, or he's incapable of playing one and maybe we can stop talking about Panarin's cap hit and look at the guy wearing a C making probably double what he should be.

I think Trouba might even be banged up a bit...Not that that dismisses anything from the fact that even before that, he was playing a step behind the play, or so it looked to me.  Our team defense needs some serious structural work, no doubt.  But yeah, Trouba has been pretty bad to say the least, and he always seems to be on the ice when we cough one up lately.

"Formula"???  That's not a formula, that a "recipe for disaster"...and god forbid if we ever have to go without Igor for any reason, we're fucked!

I think you're right, man.  We have get that "Unit of 5" mentality and play much more sound at both ends....instead of just 1. 

What's strange is that I remember Gallant being a fairly skilled defensive forward in his day (I think he was like a career +50 something)....matter of fact, he and Stevie Y. were both very good, so it shouldn't be uncharted waters for Grandpa G.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Hockey is about chances. If you're getting high danger chances for, you've got a good offense and you'd think eventually, pucks would go in.

Kreider shot 20% last year, this year he's at 11%.

Lafreniere shot almost 17, this year he's at 5%. Trocheck shot ~14 and ~13 last 2 years and he's at 8 now.

Kakko is shooting like 9%. These guys are taking the place of guys like Vatrano, Copp and Strome who were all over 15% shooters.

Law of averages says eventually those chances go in. The Rangers are 25th in HD SH%.

Hopefully Pete!  

I'm not sure what Kreider's career average was but last year had to be an anomaly, no? I kinda hate to be that guy but even while Kakko has looked better at times I don't see him of Laf as guys that are going to score goals regularly until they prove they can. Again, I'll take a mound of crow and love it when it comes to these two in particular.

On a more positive note the law of averages says we should all get laid more often, so there's that to look forward to.🤞

36 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

Hopefully Pete!  

I'm not sure what Kreider's career average was but last year had to be an anomaly, no? I kinda hate to be that guy but even while Kakko has looked better at times I don't see him of Laf as guys that are going to score goals regularly until they prove they can. Again, I'll take a mound of crow and love it when it comes to these two in particular.

On a more positive note the law of averages says we should all get laid more often, so there's that to look forward to.🤞

Yea, Kreider shooting percentage last season was totally unsustainable. I put it in there to illustrate what it looks like when everything's going in, versus what it looks like when nothing is going in. Even if he was at his career 14%, things would be looking a lot different. 

I don't think the law of averages applies to marriage. 

Edited by Pete