• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Goodbye Tension, Hello Pension!

Keirik

So I did a thing a week ago that became officially official at 12pm Monday and retired. I won’t go into too many details yet about who,what,where,why,when but unfortunately a work related injury cut short a career after 15 years. It is what it is and I fully welcome this change and challenge in my life that kicks in thoughts of “what’s next.”  I had two careers so if a third one is necessary I will take it from there. We shall see, but it’s been a long road and just happy to have a chapter closed that has been processing already for quite a long time. 

I can answer some simple question eventually, mostly in that long police thread in the political section that might give some insight here and there. My only true regret is that our resident other cop friend @Niko finally got on my job is the same time I leave. I had very high hopes to work together but it just wasn’t meant to be. 

a big thanks to @NYR2711for listening to me in group texts. There were a few dark days of the job just screwing around but I hold  no judgement. Another big thank to @Dave if he is AJ about a few PM messages during BLM and all that situation explaining myself. Furthermore, a thank you to everyone for taking a slow approach for every police involved shooting over the years just to unpack rather than jump to a conclusion. @Phil and @Pete I say this to you mostly. Thank you. We have disagreed but it’s been kept civil and healthy. That’s all I could ever ask for.

My door is always open if anyone has questions or concerns that I might be able to answer more honestly in retirement.

love you all! I’m gonna miss the clowns but never the circus. LGR! My new sole focus. 🙂

• Cheers 10

Congrats man! You will unpack a lot over the next year or so regarding the job and all that you saw, dealt with, felt, and buried. A new life of freedom is upon you and it comes with a huge sigh of relief with how things have changed so astronomically over the past 10 or so years in law enforcement. The job is not what it used to be; for those in it for the right reasons and just went to work with the best intentions to protect and serve, the lack of trust is unsettling. Stay safe, stay mentally well and LETS GO RANGERS!!!! Congratulations!!

• Applause 1

8 hours ago, Keirik said:

So I did a thing a week ago that became officially official at 12pm Monday and retired. I won’t go into too many details yet about who,what,where,why,when but unfortunately a work related injury cut short a career after 15 years. It is what it is and I fully welcome this change and challenge in my life that kicks in thoughts of “what’s next.”  I had two careers so if a third one is necessary I will take it from there. We shall see, but it’s been a long road and just happy to have a chapter closed that has been processing already for quite a long time. 

I can answer some simple question eventually, mostly in that long police thread in the political section that might give some insight here and there. My only true regret is that our resident other cop friend @Niko finally got on my job is the same time I leave. I had very high hopes to work together but it just wasn’t meant to be. 

a big thanks to @NYR2711for listening to me in group texts. There were a few dark days of the job just screwing around but I hold  no judgement. Another big thank to @Dave if he is AJ about a few PM messages during BLM and all that situation explaining myself. Furthermore, a thank you to everyone for taking a slow approach for every police involved shooting over the years just to unpack rather than jump to a conclusion. @Phil and @Pete I say this to you mostly. Thank you. We have disagreed but it’s been kept civil and healthy. That’s all I could ever ask for.

My door is always open if anyone has questions or concerns that I might be able to answer more honestly in retirement.

love you all! I’m gonna miss the clowns but never the circus. LGR! My new sole focus. 🙂

Congrats, dude.

As someone who recently had a hip replacement, I can sympathize with the conflicting feelings around your body not letting you "go out" on your own terms, and I hope that your injury is not one that effects other aspects of your life.

It's been a wild ride for sure, going back what, 15 years or so? I certainly have learned to appreciate our conversations via PM that allowed us to come to an understanding. The ability for both of us to take it offline and say to each other " 👉 see this post right here, you're being a dick, why do you have to be the way you are?" or "It feels like you're saying this, is that what you meant?" has helped a ton.

I hope you enjoy the next chapter, I'm sure it'll be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see you take up a role as a botanist in Hungary or something else off the beaten path. 🤣

But we'll always have BSBH. 😘

Edited by Pete
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Congrats on calling it a (another) career!

@Phil will contact you to hire as a moderator. It's just like being a cop, really. Plus we have great benefits and the pay can't be beat! 😉

@Keirik...hey man!  Tell me Morph wouldn't be a fixture at our Ranger game get-togethers!!!  Dude would fit like a glove!!!

• Cheers 2

Reno 911 Jump GIF
keith in a month at Times Square taking photos with tourists^

in all seriousness congrats dude. I’ve always said being a cop is a job you couldn’t pay me enough to do but I appreciate the hell out of people who can. 

You told me some stuff, i don’t know the whole story, but it sounds like it resolved itself finally to your benefit so I’m happy for you. 

take some time and enjoy it before starting something new. I’ve got 35 years or so before I can retire so enjoy it for both of us 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • LMFAO 3

1 hour ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

Congrats on calling it a (another) career!

@Phil will contact you to hire as a moderator. It's just like being a cop, really. Plus we have great benefits and the pay can't be beat! 😉

I actually endorsed this move, there needs to be somebody on staff who actually reads the board and pays attention.