• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vitali Kravtsov Day-to-Day; Won't Make Trip to Minnesota + Winnipeg

Phil

On 10/12/2022 at 6:32 PM, siddious said:

I’m not worried we have big dick Vesey 

but no seriously I’m just starting to feel bad for Kravtsov at this point.. guy got hurt last season too 

Can't seem to catch a break, and he wanted to play last season and this season in the Blueshirt. 

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

Nope. But I wouldn't fuck with a winning lineup just to get an unproductive player into the lineup again.

The current third line has played a game or two.  Is that too established to mess with?

I'm not too worried about Shark attacks, so let Reaves rest his old bones for a game or two to get Kravtzov in the lineup.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Vesey - Chytil - Blais has become an untouchable line now? 😂

they have no puck carrier. I was hoping Vesey might show up as relevant, countering on Blais’ havoc, but no. 

i didn’t look up the advanced stats, but I didn’t think they were great defensively. Only thing I noticed was Blais running around trying to get himself hurt. 

and the 4th line, for having Goodrow, Reaves and Hunt, provided nothing. I guess they got some hits. And I’m fine with this if they don’t play much. 

id just move some deck chairs around for a better view. Nothing drastic. Im not even saying to put Kravtsov back in, yet. 

37 minutes ago, Phil said:

Nope. But I wouldn't fuck with a winning lineup just to get an unproductive player into the lineup again.

lmao. Vesey - Chytil - Blais has played 12 minutes together (vs one of the worst teams in the league). Sure can't break that up in danger of destroying the chemistry.

Speaking of unproductive. Blais and Vesey have a total of 0 points so far (yes I know Blais played 1 game, but Vesey has played all 4).

23 hours ago, Drew a Penalty said:

I'd let that current third line roll until they prove themselves ineffective. They looked good last night and their analytics are really impressive.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20222023&thruseason=20222023&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=n&team=NYR&vteam=ALL&view=wowy&loc=B&gpfilt=none&fd=2022-10-07&td=2023-04-13&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8476918&p2=8478104&p3=8480078&p4=0&p5=0

61.9 CF%, 71.43 FF%, 75 SCF%, 79.43 xGF%, 80 HDCF%

The only thing they didn't do was score, but they outchanced and defended the hell out of the opposition. Krav can wait.

9 minutes ago, josh said:

i didn’t look up the advanced stats, but I didn’t think they were great defensively. Only thing I noticed was Blais running around trying to get himself hurt. 

6 SCF vs 2 SCA. 4 HDCF vs 1 HDCA.

5 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

6 SCF vs 2 SCA. 4 HDCF vs 1 HDCA.

In 12 minutes against Anaheim Ducks...

Vesey&Chytil (w/o Blais) 56.25 CF%, 12 SFC vs 9 SCA, 6 HDCF vs 2 HCDA. With a bigger sample size and against better teams.

Maybe with some more talent on the wing they might be able to finish one of the scoring chances eventually.

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

In 12 minutes against Anaheim Ducks...

Vesey&Chytil (w/o Blais) 56.25 CF%, 12 SFC vs 9 SCA, 6 HDCF vs 2 HCDA. With a bigger sample size and against better teams.

Maybe with some more talent on the wing they might be able to finish one of the scoring chances eventually.

And Krav, the guy who looked like crap against preseason teams while stapled to better players, is supposed to be that talent? Okay.

6 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

And Krav, the guy who looked like crap against preseason teams while stapled to better players, is supposed to be that talent? Okay.

I think he has potential to be a better scorer than the guy that hasn't scored since early 2021 and the guy that has 8 goals in his last 100 NHL games, yes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

If only that potential would manifest itself.

Not easy to do when you're not playing. And yes I know that's mainly his fault, but benching him because Vesey/Blais/Carpenter/Hunt played decent in a couple of games is not the way to do it. If this is the plan with him they should've dumped him for a 3rd rounder before the season started.

9 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

If only that potential would manifest itself.

It's the devil you do, devil you don't argument. The offense is rolling, so we don't need a bottom-6 boost yet. However Kravtsov won't gain confidence and be able to step up if he rides the press box every game. I don't think Hunt adds anything to the team. Kravtsov probably doesn't do much with Goodrow and Reaves. Long-term I think it's better for the team if Kravtsov plays. The offense isn't going to always score 4+ a game. 

Edited by Cash or Czech

He'll get another chance.  I'm not worried about it.  Something always happens;  look at last year!  All he had to do was shut his ass and stick around a month and that RW spot would've been his and his alone when Blais went down.

It looks like they wanna see everyone and from how it look so far, it's not a terrible thing to have talented depth, especially at this juncture of the season.

So then he can wait for them to falter and when Gallant feels adding him provides the right shakeup. The team is focused on winning now, not developing Kravtsov. He had his chance for North American development. Now it's time to work through like one of the grunts because his game is behind and waivers prevents him from playing where he should be right now. I'm not at all convinced plugging in Kravtsov immediately provides them offense, and that doesn't account for how he could also hurt them defensively.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

8 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I think he has potential to be a better scorer than the guy that hasn't scored since early 2021 and the guy that has 8 goals in his last 100 NHL games, yes.

Because he does, but he operates completely in that world of potentiality, not actuality. All I'm saying is I'd be in no hurry to jumble up the forward lines of a highly-successful team thus far just to forcibly put a player who's shown nothing thus far into the most advantageous position possible.

If it means bumping Blais down to the fourth line, cool. Whatever.

5 hours ago, josh said:

they have no puck carrier. I was hoping Vesey might show up as relevant, countering on Blais’ havoc, but no. 

and the 4th line, for having Goodrow, Reaves and Hunt, provided nothing. I guess they got some hits. And I’m fine with this if they don’t play much. 

id just move some deck chairs around for a better view. Nothing drastic. Im not even saying to put Kravtsov back in, yet. 

What? All Chytil does is carry the puck. He isn't that great at utilizing his linemates and isn't much of a playmaker, he's a great 1:1 player though. That's why he's a wing.

But he is most def a puck carrier.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

What? All Chytil does is carry the puck. He isn't that great at utilizing his linemates and isn't much of a playmaker, he's a great 1:1 player though. That's why he's a wing.

But he is most def a puck carrier.

you’re right, yes. I meant carrier as a guy that can bring it up and distribute the puck. 

• Cheers 1