• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Last of Us

Sharpshooter

6 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Those brief snippets of the intro scene...this is gonna be good.

The clicker looks amazing too. This looks very authentic and I'm really excited for it. I'm not totally sold on some of the casting, but we'll see. I'm kind of interested to see Anna Torv as Tess. She was great in 'Fringe'.

• Like 1

• Phil changed the title to The Last of Us
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I own it. Just have such a backlog that occurred the minute I said "I do"

Lol it only gets worse my friend 

On 12/3/2022 at 5:16 PM, Sharpshooter said:

New trailer!

this looks so good. Glad it’s HBO doing it too, they always do such a good job 

12 hours ago, siddious said:

Lol it only gets worse my friend 

this looks so good. Glad it’s HBO doing it too, they always do such a good job 

Some of the people producing this series also did the Chernobyl miniseries, which is one of the best miniseries of all time. Druckman is overseeing it and being worked on by people who love the game. I'm not too worried. That bloater at the end looks incredible.

12 hours ago, siddious said:

Part two is as good if not better

Part II was almost three times as long as Part I and so good. I'm hoping it gets a PS5 upgrade of its own, similar to what they did with Uncharted 4, which was a paid upgrade. I could see them announcing something like that right around when the show starts.

• 1 month later...

I did! Fantastic first episode! The opening was arguably more emotional and intense than the game just from the acting and the additions to it. They did a good job with keeping it mostly true (it is an adaptation after all) while remaining loyal. Because of TV purposes they decided to ditch the spores for tendrils, so I'm interested to see how that goes. That old lady with them coming out of her mouth in the beginning was freaky.

So far I think the acting has been tremendous. I was skeptical of Bella Ramsey as Ellie at first, but she nailed it in the premier. Gabriel Luna also did a tremendous job as Tommy, especially with the voice. There was one scene where he was speaking to Joel on the phone and it sounded just like the voice actor from the game. I also think it's cool that Merle Dandridge came back to reprise her role as Marlene.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Like 1

That's what I thought too. I didn't have a huge problem with Bella Ramsey the actor being cast, it was more the fact I thought she was a bit old for it. I also meant to say before that having Gustavo Santaoalla doing the music is so good. Hearing the same tracks from the game in certain spots was great.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Because of the Super Bowl on Sunday, they are airing Episode 5 on Friday night, so you'll have less time to wait for that one. lol

But yeah, so far, so good. I'd rather play the story through the video game, but this has been a solid interpretation so far. The scenery especially is mind blowing. Unbelievable set pieces that look straight out of the game.

2 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Really digging this show so far

Episode 3 was a tear jerker.

Last night's episode wasn't bad but its clear they are just setting up for a big episode 5.

I hate waiting weekly for shows lol

My thoughts exactly 

That last episode! Holy shit. That was the Last of Us to a tee. Henry and Sam were perfectly played even though their characters were a bit younger than in the game. Making Sam deaf made his death even more heartbreaking. I loved Joel sniping like he did in that spot in the game. The addition of the child clicker was great and chilling. The bloater!

Really enjoying this show. I have absolutely zero reference to the game, but from the reviews and comments I'm seeing after every episode, it seems like they're really doing a great job of marrying the televised adaptation to the game.