• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Torts Rips Flyers Locker Room, Says He's in No Rush to Name New Captain

Phil

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He just signed. Has nothing to do with the locker room. Odd that Atkinson is a part of that core. Wasn't he a Torts guy? 

I think DeAngelo will be named atleast an alternate and be more of a leader. Torts is going to love him. 

Hahahah no way. There's no way at all that ADA is a Torts guy

He signed, he's still part of the locker room in this context. He's saying there's no character there, ADA will fit right in. 

• Bullseye 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Hahahah no way. There's no way at all that ADA is a Torts guy

He signed, he's still part of the locker room in this context. He's saying there's no character there, ADA will fit right in. 

I’m not so sure how accurate this is. Torts is on record saying the following. I feel like I watched another podcast or interview where Torts talks fairly high of ADA. 

"The thing that bothers me and some of the things I've read is people are upset about Tony DeAngelo," Tortorella said. "Tony DeAngelo's a hell of a player, Tony DeAngelo has personality. Is he going to say and do some stupid stuff? You're damn right he is. But I'd rather have a guy doing stupid stuff than having a choir boy here just going about your business. You don't win that way, you don't win championships, you don't build a team without any personality. Tony's going to bring that and, plus, he's a hell of a player.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/john-tortorella-defends-chuck-fletcher-talks-johnny-gaudreau-tony-deangelo-more

• Like 1
  • The Chyt! 1

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

I’m not so sure how accurate this is. Torts is on record saying the following. I feel like I watched another podcast or interview where Torts talks fairly high of ADA. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/john-tortorella-defends-chuck-fletcher-talks-johnny-gaudreau-tony-deangelo-more

Yea... We'll see about that. Wait until ADA is costing them games with tantrums, telling Carter Hart he sucks, etc.

Look, ADA had a great year but winning covers up a lot of things. It'll be interesting to see what happens as the losses pile up. 

Either way, I wasn't serious about ADA being the problem in the room. That said, he's not the solution to lack of character, either. 

Deangelo is going to have to be way better defensively than he has been or he will be in the doghouse shortly. 

Sounds like this is aimed at Hayes, but who knows. 

Expect Tortorella will as always make his team more defensively responsible and the GAA comes way down. Hart will be the beneficiary of that. Still isn't enough offense to sniff a playoff berth. Will steal some games they should not win and the Flyers will not be a gimme 2 points. 

13 hours ago, Pete said:

Yea... We'll see about that. Wait until ADA is costing them games with tantrums, telling Carter Hart he sucks, etc.

Look, ADA had a great year but winning covers up a lot of things. It'll be interesting to see what happens as the losses pile up. 

Either way, I wasn't serious about ADA being the problem in the room. That said, he's not the solution to lack of character, either. 

Meh. I think he has leadership characteristics. Speaks his mind. Calls out players when they suck. Doesn't back down to anyone. Has the lockerroom. 

Take away the name and replace it with another and these are intangibles of a team leader. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Meh. I think he has leadership characteristics. Speaks his mind. Calls out players when they suck. Doesn't back down to anyone. Has the lockerroom. 

Take away the name and replace it with another and these are intangibles of a team leader. 

What locker room has he ever had?

I'm not surprised you think he has leadership characteristics.