• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Report: Kaapo Kakko Takes Monstrous Slap Shot

siddious

I don't get why everyone shits on this kid like he's Wade Redden.

He's been injured, makes almost no money, doesn't hurt you at all on the ice even tho he can't score.

I don't know whether people really hate him (and I can't imagine why), or everyone just sees a shitpost and tries to beat it with a "better" shitpost.

• Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

He's been injured, makes almost no money, doesn't hurt you at all on the ice even tho he can't score.

I don't know whether people really hate him (and I can't imagine why), or everyone just sees a shitpost and tries to beat it with a "better" shitpost.

Likely the shitpost idea. 

• LMFAO 1

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

I actually love the kid, but sometimes it's just hard to pass up a good ribbing!! 

Plus....August!  LOL

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

• Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think it has everything to do with the expectation of a 2nd overall with projected top tier puck possession skills. He hasn't lived up to his billing. If he wasn't a top two pick, then he never deals with the BS. 

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

I think it has everything to do with the expectation of a 2nd overall with projected top tier puck possession skills. He hasn't lived up to his billing. If he wasn't a top two pick, then he never deals with the BS. 

But is that a reason to shit on the kid? I get being critical, we all are, but some of the comments here are "personal" and not "business".

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I don’t think anyone here really hates him. It’s the dog days of august give us a break

2 hours ago, Pete said:

we're trying to bring the expectations down a few, so we're not as disappointed.  And it's working.  When he was drafted we expected a superstar, now we're just happy if he's playing and not injured. 

we're like marilyn chambers.  never enough.  kids still only 21 and coming into his core.  will see what he did over the summer once camp begins.  

i'll take a half full approach and am expecting big gains by the kids.  if we dont get it the letter will have been for nothing.

same goes for the blue line as well.  hopefully we get the following:

better 5/5 play

better face off wins

tighter dee

more play in the dirty areas of the ice.

more swagger.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slobberknocker said:

we're like marilyn chambers.  never enough.  kids still only 21 and coming into his core.  will see what he did over the summer once camp begins.  

i'll take a half full approach and am expecting big gains by the kids.  if we dont get it the letter will have been for nothing.

same goes for the blue line as well.  hopefully we get the following:

better 5/5 play

better face off wins

tighter dee

more play in the dirty areas of the ice.

more swagger.

From the team, yes.

From Kakko I want to see puck possession wizardry and an explosion in points. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1