• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Nashville Predators Limit Ticket Sales Only to Their TV Viewing Market?

You would think that a team like Nashville who has been a steady upper tier Western Conference team the last few years they have this bushleague restriction.  Tampa got ripped for doing this in the playoffs vs Florida last season, and got rid of it after the backlash.  You would think other teams would follow suit.  

Yes I am sour b/c I planned a daddy/daughter Rangers trip to Nashville for the Nov. 12th game.  We booked everything, airfare, hotel, Nashville 5K that morning, and all was left is the tickets.  Tixs finally went on sale and to be shocked with the message that they will only sell tickets to Tenn, Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia.  

Just tweeted about it, looking forward to the responses from the Predator fans lol.  

Yeah I know, but Jesus Christ the tickets on the secondary market is just as expensive as going to a game at MSG....then you check out the prices vs. the Wild and the NYI the next 2 games and tixs are like $15.  

This is what I get for giving my daughter the option of picking the away game to go to.  I knew I should have swayed her towards going to Columbus.  😁

8 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Yeah I know, but Jesus Christ the tickets on the secondary market is just as expensive as going to a game at MSG....then you check out the prices vs. the Wild and the NYI the next 2 games and tixs are like $15.  

This is what I get for giving my daughter the option of picking the away game to go to.  I knew I should have swayed her towards going to Columbus.  😁

As someone that also likes to do exactly what you’re doing and organize a vacation with visiting a Rangers game out of state, I always look at it as just being part of the vacation expenses. When we were in Chicago, we bought 2 tickets for 3rd row dead center ice and I think it was 700 or so. I’d never ever do that at MSG but considering you’ll likely never be back in state X while the Rangers are playing a game, I say fuck it. YOLO and it’ll be memorable. 

• Like 1
  • JIMMY! 1

56 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

You would think that a team like Nashville who has been a steady upper tier Western Conference team the last few years they have this bushleague restriction.  Tampa got ripped for doing this in the playoffs vs Florida last season, and got rid of it after the backlash.  You would think other teams would follow suit.  

Yes I am sour b/c I planned a daddy/daughter Rangers trip to Nashville for the Nov. 12th game.  We booked everything, airfare, hotel, Nashville 5K that morning, and all was left is the tickets.  Tixs finally went on sale and to be shocked with the message that they will only sell tickets to Tenn, Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia.  

Just tweeted about it, looking forward to the responses from the Predator fans lol.  

As a Ranger season ticket holder who deals with dynamic pricing, you should know... They do this to prevent exactly what you're doing. They want hometown fans getting the best prices. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

As a Ranger season ticket holder who deals with dynamic pricing, you should know... They do this to prevent exactly what you're doing. They want hometown fans getting the best prices. 

I don’t care about the dynamic pricing, it’s everywhere these days, MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA.  Hometown fans aren’t getting the best prices, they are paying the same dynamic price as I would, it’s the restriction of sales to out of towners. Of course there are ways around it such as having a friend buying tixs that live in that city.  But overall it’s minor league bullshit. Does “Smashville” not have as good of a hometown fan base that they resort to this? 

35 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I don’t care about the dynamic pricing, it’s everywhere these days, MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA.  Hometown fans aren’t getting the best prices, they are paying the same dynamic price as I would, it’s the restriction of sales to out of towners. Of course there are ways around it such as having a friend buying tixs that live in that city.  But overall it’s minor league bullshit. Does “Smashville” not have as good of a hometown fan base that they resort to this? 

What does having a good fan base have to do with it? Or what do other other leagues have to do with it?

It's sports. Period. You just said it. 

13 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

It's a Saturday game for a premier road team in the Eastern version of Las Vegas. It's going to be a premier ticket. 

As an aside...that is a great place to see a game. The arena is very obviously a 90s-era arena, but it's a goddamn bandbox and there's really no bad seat in the house. Fans are great too.

• Phil changed the title to Who Knew That the Nashville Predators Limit Ticket Sales Only to Their TV Viewing Market?
5 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

It's a Saturday game for a premier road team in the Eastern version of Las Vegas. It's going to be a premier ticket. 

As an aside...that is a great place to see a game. The arena is very obviously a 90s-era arena, but it's a goddamn bandbox and there's really no bad seat in the house. Fans are great too.

Thats not my issue about being a hot ticket, its more of the fact they are barring people out of their TV market to buy tickets.  

To better serve Nashville Predators fans, a restricted sales area has been implemented for this Nashville Predator game at the Bridgestone Arena. Sales will be restricted to residents of the Nashville Predators television viewing area - Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside the viewing area will be canceled without notice and refunds given.
Please adhere to published ticket limits. If you exceed the ticket limit, you
may have any or all of your orders and tickets canceled without notice.
Ticket transfers and resale will be disabled for this event.

Basically from what I gather its almost impossible for anyone out of the TV market to get tickets for a "GOLD" game.  

If you attempt to buy tickets through the secondary market, the tixs will end up being cancelled 24 hours before game time b/c the ticket holder will not be able to transfer the tickets.  That puts everyone in a bind, people who spent $$$ to travel, the original ticket holder who now has less time to sell the tickets.  He/she doesnt know if the ticket buyer is in market or out of market.    

Can't resell the tickets unless its in the Nashville market if you go through the ticketexchange.    

If someone in Nashville were to buy me tickets, they can't transfer the tickets to me.  

Also, this is suppose to be helping Nashville fans get tickets to a "GOLD" game?  Its not keeping the cost down for the Nashville fans, if anything it may keep a lot away b/c of the high ticket prices.  

With that said I'm still going down to Nashville since airfare, hotel, 5K is all booked.....and if I have to try and get tickets down there somehow.  I did order tickets through the ticketexchange last night but I fully expect it to be cancelled at some point. 

Edited by Blue Heaven

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

Thats not my issue about being a hot ticket, its more of the fact they are barring people out of their TV market to buy tickets.  

Basically from what I gather its almost impossible for anyone out of the TV market to get tickets for a "GOLD" game.  

If you attempt to buy tickets through the secondary market, the tixs will end up being cancelled 24 hours before game time b/c the ticket holder will not be able to transfer the tickets.  That puts everyone in a bind, people who spent $$$ to travel, the original ticket holder who now has less time to sell the tickets.  He/she doesnt know if the ticket buyer is in market or out of market.    

Can't resell the tickets unless its in the Nashville market if you go through the ticketexchange.    

If someone in Nashville were to buy me tickets, they can't transfer the tickets to me.  

Also, this is suppose to be helping Nashville fans get tickets to a "GOLD" game?  Its not keeping the cost down for the Nashville fans, if anything it may keep a lot away b/c of the high ticket prices.  

Whoa man, that's a whole other level of crazy restriction. Can't transfer the tickets either? 

That's brutal. 

• Phil changed the title to Nashville Predators Limit Ticket Sales Only to Their TV Viewing Market?

Try to make a road trip every season with some friends and family, and considered Nashville. But saw the ticket prices;absurd. Touched base with a travel agent who books packages and said also Preds do not allow blocks of tickets to out of state buyers, so you would be stuck getting 2 seats here, 4 seats there, all over the arena. 

Way more reasonable to go to either Tampa, Florida or Vegas. Would consider Raleigh but the Saturday, 2/12 , is the day before the Super Bowl. If you get delayed flying home, could be a real mess. 

Edited by Bugg

On 8/18/2022 at 8:45 PM, Bugg said:

Try to make a road trip every season with some friends and family, and considered Nashville. But saw the ticket prices;absurd. Touched base with a travel agent who books packages and said also Preds do not allow blocks of tickets to out of state buyers, so you would be stuck getting 2 seats here, 4 seats there, all over the arena. 

Way more reasonable to go to either Tampa, Florida or Vegas. Would consider Raleigh but the Saturday, 2/12 , is the day before the Super Bowl. If you get delayed flying home, could be a real mess. 

My advice is if you want to do Nashville, do it. Just buy the cheapest individual tickets you can find and if you all don’t mind standing, up behind the net that the Predators shoot at twice is an area called the Bud Light Fan Zone. Bunch of areas to stand and watch the game. I actually did that for my bachelor party there a little while back. It was a bunch of us and we all bought random tickets since prices were jacked up because it was year after their Cup run, they were red hot, and it was the Rangers in town on a Saturday. Again, that’s if you’re like us and don’t mind standing and hanging and watching the game. That’s what we did and we all had a blast, and the games I’ve gone back to Bridgestone to see that’s what we’ve done.

It really is a great time. Real unique. The bar scene is amazing and the fact it’s a stone thrown away outside is just awesome.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

My advice is if you want to do Nashville, do it. Just buy the cheapest individual tickets you can find and if you all don’t mind standing, up behind the net that the Predators shoot at twice is an area called the Bud Light Fan Zone. Bunch of areas to stand and watch the game. I actually did that for my bachelor party there a little while back. It was a bunch of us and we all bought random tickets since prices were jacked up because it was year after their Cup run, they were red hot, and it was the Rangers in town on a Saturday. Again, that’s if you’re like us and don’t mind standing and hanging and watching the game. That’s what we did and we all had a blast, and the games I’ve gone back to Bridgestone to see that’s what we’ve done.

It really is a great time. Real unique. The bar scene is amazing and the fact it’s a stone thrown away outside is just awesome.

May yet do so. But Vegas is great. Tickets are reasonable and there's great hotel and airfare options. 

I did a Vegas game, but not a Ranger one. We were there for a bachelor party and it wound up being a Friday afternoon day game against the Avalanche because it was Nevada Day. They do a great job on game days outside the arena of making it a spectacle to go to the game and whatnot. Typical Vegas stuff. Either or is good. My personal preference though was Nashville just because you can’t beat the location. Broadway is such a fun strip.