• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So I Want to Start Collecting Hockey Cards Again — Help?

Keirik

Not looking to collect old stuff. I have plenty of those but I’m wondering what company is dominating with the high valued cards? Upper Decl I assume? Any specific series I should be looking at? Where can I buy them online trustworthy? 

2 hours ago, siddious said:

I was actually thinking about doing this too but with my luck cards will be worthless when I have a decent collection going. 

I think the hardest part is figuring out which ones the way to go. There are like a ton of different upper deck versions for each year. Lol

i don’t even know where the hell to even buy them

• Phil changed the title to So I Want to Start Collecting Hockey Cards Again — Help?

Buy players you want on eBay, opening packs is essentially gambling, and the hobby is so hot right now its hard to get anything at reasonable cost

big difference to look for is retail v hobby. Retail is more for kids or if you just have desire to rip open packs. You really wont find anything valuable in there. Hobby is where you can pull the high end patch, auto, and numbered cards but those boxes are pretty expensive.

i generally just search players i want on ebay and filter through for auctions ending soonest, can find some steals that way

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Just sniped a PSA graded Leetch rookie card on ebay for $5, you can get some steals by sorting auctions ending soonest

What was the grade? All that PSA graded means is that it got a rating I thought... But it could be rated poorly. 

• 2 weeks later...