• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ducks Sign Ryan Strome to 5-Year/$25M Deal; $5M AAV

If Uncle Larry is right and last November Strome turned down something between 5.25 and 5.5 for 5 years, Strome should have inked it.  I think he will labor in relative obscurity for the rest of his career, but he'll be pretty well paid.  He sure leaves New York in immensely better shape than he entered it.

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, fletch said:

Fewer games for Trocheck but amazing how similar the numbers are.

They really are. I honestly believe this was simply just more of being better in the dot, being a bit more impactful on both sides of the game, and different paths towards getting their results. Strome was an awesome leader for us. I just think this was more of a case to bring in a guy that goes looking to go two feet into a landmine field while Strome might try to navigate around it instead. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Strome 484 career hits.  Trocheck 1071. 

Strome plays a strictly skill game.  Trocheck is plays a much harder game, is better defensively, and still scored.  Now we get to see if he can match the 30 goal 75 poi nuts year he had in Florida by centering Panarin. 

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

They really are. I honestly believe this was simply just more of being better in the dot, being a bit more impactful on both sides of the game, and different paths towards getting their results. Strome was an awesome leader for us. I just think this was more of a case to bring in a guy that goes looking to go two feet into a landmine field while Strome might try to navigate around it instead. 

With that "Hard game" comes questions about durability at his size and age. 

• Keeps it 100 2

54 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

They've also taken the same amount of penalty minutes (376 to 372) with Trochek playing about one fewer season. So just be prepped for that. 

I'm not worried about that. He isn't taking stick fouls. More likely roughings, slashings, things of that nature. Things that piss people off. Not hooks and trips. 

• JIMMY! 1

5 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Sure, but again, we're trying to win a cup in the next three years.  After that Trocheck, Trouba, and Kreider are all tradeable.  

What's that got to do with it? Callahan lasted about a season and a quarter before becoming a 4th liner in Tampa. 

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

What's that got to do with it? Callahan lasted about a season and a quarter before becoming a 4th liner in Tampa. 

Cally averaged about 75-100 more hits and 30-40 more blocks per year then Trocheck.  Cally also played twice as many grueling playoff games as Trocheck by age 28.  Not saying Trocheck won't break down, but Cally had way more wear and tear on him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Cally averaged about 75-100 more hits and 30-40 more blocks per year then Trocheck.  Cally also played twice as many grueling playoff games as Trocheck by age 28.  Not saying Trocheck won't break down, but Cally had way more wear and tear on him.

Trochek already has a metal plate and screws in his leg. 

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Trochek already has a metal plate and screws in his leg. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSC0FMcNiD-Y6TfeDafNxh

...we can rebuild him

...we can make him better than he was....

I can hear the music now!!  LOL

Edited by Ozzy