• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Qualify Kakko, Hajek, Gettinger, and Rueschoff; Elmer, Richards, Ronning & Wall Become UFA

Phil

I have absolutely no reasonable explanation for why Libor Hajek was qualified. It's all speculation.

• Is there a clandestine market for him for a 5th that we're trying to preserve? 
  • Does he have photographic evidence of Chris Drury not winning the LLWS?
  • What did he walk in on Dolan doing the night after Tom Wilson "broke" us?
  • Do they think he's going to replace Nemeth at 3LD?

Whatever it is....they're on it!

driving scooby doo GIF

8 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I have absolutely no reasonable explanation for why Libor Hajek was qualified. It's all speculation.

• Is there a clandestine market for him for a 5th that we're trying to preserve? 

driving scooby doo GIF

Drury probably thinks he's not worthless like the others

5 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

driving scooby doo GIF

Well if Nemeth is bought out or traded, I would assume Hajek is the expected 6/7 defenseman. His QO is only a little more than $900K I believe.

And if not, they can just waive him down to Hartford. If he’s claimed, then he’s claimed. No harm, no foul.

16 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

driving scooby doo GIF

He's going to move him to Montreal for Dach. 

4 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Well if Nemeth is bought out or traded, I would assume Hajek is the expected 6/7 defenseman. His QO is only a little more than $900K I believe.

And if not, they can just waive him down to Hartford. If he’s claimed, then he’s claimed. No harm, no foul.

Agreed; no need to freak out about a player that will have exactly $0 of cap impact on other much more important roster decisions.

You really need 8-9 defensemen who can play at least for 10-20 game stretches in the NHL. While nobody is building a roster around Hajek, he does fit the description of being the 7th(or 8th/9th) defenseman on the roster if some combination of Jones, Roberstson, Braun, Nemeth, or whatever other bargain bin, league minimum salaried defensemen sign. Otherwise he goes on waivers and plays in Hartford.

26 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

So the RFAs not qualified are Elmer, Justin Richards, Ty Ronning, and Tyler Wall.

Nothing shocking here. 

Except that they continue to employ Libor Hajek.

11 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I get all that, but he sucks.

• LOL 1

10 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Anyone have a source for the qualifying offer amounts by player?

Cap Friendly has not updated yet.

• Drew a Penalty changed the title to Rangers Qualify Kakko, Hajek, Gettinger, and Rueschoff
  • Phil changed the title to Rangers Qualify Kakko, Hajek, Gettinger, and Rueschoff; Elmer, Richards, Ronning & Wall Become UFA
3 hours ago, Pete said:

My guess is Braun wants too much and Hajek is the 7th unless he gets beat out by Robertson. 

Frankly, you lose nothing by qualifying him. 

A roster spot. The same on he wasted last season when he rode the pine all season, including times with a full roster that didn’t allow them to call up replacements. I’m sure you can pull up my old posts talking about the GM not understanding waivers. 

plus the cap space he takes up watching games from the press box 

5 minutes ago, josh said:

A roster spot. The same on he wasted last season when he rode the pine all season, including times with a full roster that didn’t allow them to call up replacements. I’m sure you can pull up my old posts talking about the GM not understanding waivers. 

plus the cap space he takes up watching games from the press box 

OK $900k? They have plenty of spots. It's a totally inconsequential move.

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

OK $900k? They have plenty of spots. It's a totally inconsequential move.

They had multiple games last season where they couldn’t bring in replacements because they were at the roster max, and didn’t have anyone to waive. 
and 900k, yeah, bring in a Brendan smith or someone that can win faceoffs. 

they don’t have the roster spots or cap space to do this again

i liked Hajek, but he’s not playing over anyone. Why are they repeating this shit?? 

19 minutes ago, josh said:

They had multiple games last season where they couldn’t bring in replacements because they were at the roster max, and didn’t have anyone to waive. 
and 900k, yeah, bring in a Brendan smith or someone that can win faceoffs. 

they don’t have the roster spots or cap space to do this again

i liked Hajek, but he’s not playing over anyone. Why are they repeating this shit?? 

I mean, I have no idea why. I don't care to qualify him, but to your point fucking waive him who gives a shot already?