• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Blackhawks Trade Alex Debrincat to Senators for 7th Overall, 39th Overall and 2024 3rd Round Pick

• RichieNextel305 changed the title to CHI Trade Alex Debrincat to OTT
  • RichieNextel305 changed the title to Blackhawks Trade Alex Debrincat to Senators for 7th Overall, 39th Overall and 2024 3rd Round Pick

Yeah, I don’t know what is going on in Chicago. DeBrincat is a fucking kid. They’re rebuilding. Wouldn’t you want a 24 year old who has scored 40+ goals in this league on your roster?

So fucking insane IMO. If I’m Kane, I’m calling up today and demanding a trade. That is going to be a brutal team.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Bullseye 2

3 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Maybe it just seems like a lame return to us because we have chips on our shoulders about 7th overall picks...

Could you imagine trading Zibanejad for Andersson, Lindbom & Joey Keane.

Is there something here we are all missing? Obviously it’s been well known that he was being shopped by the Blackhawks and was likely to be traded. But even still, not only is the return underwhelming, but the question now being asked finally is this: Why?!?! 24 years old. 40+ goals. You’re rebuilding. Call me crazy, but isn’t that the exact guy you would want to hold on to? Were there behind the scenes issues? Attitude issues? Off ice issues? I’m just so confused by this. I can’t remember a rebuilding team that traded a young piece this good in….ever, while knowing how good he actually is.

Just a wildly lousy trade by a franchise that seems to be totally lost right now.

Edited by RichieNextel305

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Is there something here we are all missing? Obviously it’s been well known that he was being shopped by the Blackhawks and was likely to be traded. But even still, not only is the return underwhelming, but the question now being asked finally is this: Why?!?! 24 years old. 40+ goals. You’re rebuilding. Call me crazy, but isn’t that the exact guy you would want to hold on to? Were there behind the scenes issues? Attitude issues? Off ice issues? I’m just so confused by this. I can’t remember a rebuilding team that traded a young piece this good in….ever, while knowing how good he actually is.

Just a wildly lousy trade by a franchise that seems to be totally lost right now.

This would be like the Rangers trading a young Captain and future 99 point player for two fringe NHLers and a couple of picks. Geez, I can only imagine the outrage in Chicago.

I guess if you know you’re not going to be able to resign him past this year a 7OA is good? What are other options? Hold him and swap at deadline for a way worse package? I think this is probably better than it seems although it’s definitely a weird one. 

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Seeing what Chicago got, we could've traded them lower tier assets for him. lol Are they going to trade Dach next or something?

Not sure if you're kidding.

I'm going to have to check out a Chicago board to see new meaning for the term "melt down."