• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers, Jets Involved in Negotiations for Pierre-Luc Dubois Trade

Phil

Just now, RJWantsTheCup said:

Those 2 bottom lines are potentially a disaster.

I mean I don't think I've ever seen you say anything positive about anything ever, so I'm not putting any stock in this take 😇

-Sent with love from my mobile device

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think rolling into next season with this top six is giving me a Stromer boner:

20-93-74

10-80-13

That 2nd line might even have, dare I say it...some truculence?

I’m not a huge believer in putting players of similar backgrounds together simply just because of that…. Except when it comes to The Frogs and The Czechs.

There is something about those 2 styles that when you put highly skilled players of those 2 schools together, they generally seem to mesh. 

I know people aren’t in love with PLD, and I get why. But I also think if he got what he wanted, he’d flourish. He’s 23. I can’t see why anyone with any kind of curiosity wouldn’t want to see what PLD at 23 could do with LaFreniere at 21 might do together.

We could be staring at another Perrault/ Martin type of connection. 

Behind Zib, Kreider, Panarin. 
And with Fox. Trouba. Miller. 

Kakko

Lundkvist

Cuyyle. 
1st

Id like to keep Chytil and Schneider 

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think rolling into next season with this top six is giving me a Stromer boner:

20-93-74

10-80-13

That 2nd line might even have, dare I say it...some truculence?

If you got PLD…. Would you put him at C, and try to keep Gauthier?

Lafreniere-Dubois-Gauthier

????

It’s actually something to look at. Believe it or not. If Gauthier is the 3rd guy on that line… his skill set… with those 2…. Maybe?

That could actually make profound sense. 

13 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

If you got PLD…. Would you put him at C, and try to keep Gauthier?

Lafreniere-Dubois-Gauthier

????

It’s actually something to look at. Believe it or not. If Gauthier is the 3rd guy on that line… his skill set… with those 2…. Maybe?

That could actually make profound sense. 

@The Dude live cam right now:

randy marsh masturbating GIF by South Park

• LMFAO 2
  • JIMMY! 1

I've been thinking about this a bit....where are the Jets? Really, truly....where are they? Are they thinking they're a piece away from being a contender? Are they leaning to a rebuild? Or is this simply them not wanting to pay a fringe 1C?

These are legit questions because I'm legitimately unsure, and I think they inform the sort of return the Jets would be looking for. 

Just now, LindG1000 said:

I've been thinking about this a bit....where are the Jets? Really, truly....where are they? Are they thinking they're a piece away from being a contender? Are they leaning to a rebuild? Or is this simply them not wanting to pay a fringe 1C?

These are legit questions because I'm legitimately unsure, and I think they inform the sort of return the Jets would be looking for. 

It's not that. PLD supposedly made it known he plans to test UFA as soon as he is able. So they have him 2 more years maximum.

4 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

If you’re thinking about that.., you might be overthinking. The group they have is done.

Whether they like it or not, window is closed. Roster is breaking down. 

Gotta push reset soon

Current Evolving Hockey contract projection for PLD:

Predicted Term: 5 years

Predicted Cap Hit: $5.9M

Estimated contract length/AAV combinations:

3 years (13% likelihood) @ $5.5M

4 years (17%) @ $5.8M

5 years (24%) @ $5.9M

6 years (20%) @ $6.1M

7 years (3%) @ $6.7M

8 years (13%) @ $6.5M

• Thanks 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 2

3 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

4 years (17%) @ $5.8M

5 years (24%) @ $5.9M

6 years (20%) @ $6.1M

7 years (3%) @ $6.7M

8 years (13%) @ $6.5M

I’d take that. In a heartbeat. Provided the cost to acquire was palatable. 

2 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

If you’re thinking about that.., you might be overthinking. The group they have is done.

Whether they like it or not, window is closed. Roster is breaking down. 

Gotta push reset soon

Re-read that. 

"Are they thinking..."

Yeah, I think they're about to blow it up. Heck, I think they're three years from being relocated to Houston, but that doesn't matter. What does Cheveldayoff think?

4 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

4 years (17%) @ $5.8M

5 years (24%) @ $5.9M

6 years (20%) @ $6.1M

7 years (3%) @ $6.7M

8 years (13%) @ $6.5M

These don’t look horrible

1 minute ago, LindG1000 said:

Re-read that. 

"Are they thinking..."

Yeah, I think they're about to blow it up. Heck, I think they're three years from being relocated to Houston, but that doesn't matter. What does Cheveldayoff think?

That matters less actually. 
Cheveldayoff isn’t there as GM in 12-18 months.

9 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

It's not that. PLD supposedly made it known he plans to test UFA as soon as he is able. So they have him 2 more years maximum.

Okay - so what does that mean for the acquiring team? Is he steadfast in wanting a 1-year deal? Does he want to give the Jets one more season together before he bounces? Would he consider a long-term deal if the team acquiring him met his future needs? Do the Jets see him as a key piece of next years' team if they're going to try and be competitive before Hellebuyck hits FA in 2024? Is the goal to remain competitive until he does?

They're not an easy team to read - at all. 

3 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

That matters less actually. 
Cheveldayoff isn’t there as GM in 12-18 months.

Matters quite a bit, because he's the GM right now, and per your own admission will be the GM for whatever vision of the team he has for next season. 

Just now, LindG1000 said:

Matters quite a bit, because he's the GM right now, and per your own admission will be the GM for whatever vision of the team he has for next season. 

He’s a known lame duck. I was conservative in my estimate. He could be gone anytime. 

1 minute ago, RangersIn7 said:

He’s a known lame duck. I was conservative in my estimate. He could be gone anytime. 

He's been their GM since before they moved to Winnipeg. I wouldn't hold my breath on him being fired, and I'd bank on him being the one to direct the team through at least next season. Whether they want to shift over to a rebuild expert after that - hey, fair game if that's the call they make.

42 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Pretty funny from the guy who likes to argue with most of the board.

I don't see what me debating (the point of the forum) has to do with you just shitting on everything all the time, but apparently you can't take a joke so whatever.

19 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Okay - so what does that mean for the acquiring team? Is he steadfast in wanting a 1-year deal? Does he want to give the Jets one more season together before he bounces? Would he consider a long-term deal if the team acquiring him met his future needs? Do the Jets see him as a key piece of next years' team if they're going to try and be competitive before Hellebuyck hits FA in 2024? Is the goal to remain competitive until he does?

They're not an easy team to read - at all. 

All valid questions. I was just saying it's not really Winnipeg's choice, unfortunately for them. From Winnipeg's side, I have to assume they would value NHL talent, or NHL ready talent, over picks. It goes back to what Pete and I were talking about...can they get a UFA center to replace PLD? If so, they can do that and take what they get from the Rangers for a really quick and effective re-load on their roster. What the Jets need the most in particular? A right defenseman. Schneider is an NHL defensemen. Lundkvist is right there.

I think it's been documented before that PLD wants to play in a big city. I think a long term extension is what he would want in NYC, and I also think that's the only way Drury trades for him.