• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Drury Not Happy With Panarin's Performance in Playoffs

Phil

9 hours ago, Phil said:

Panarin — a career 1.1 P/GP player and a 1.36 P/GP player as a Ranger — is "overpaid by probably about $3M."

Nathan MacKinnon — a career 1.0 P/GP player and 1.36 P/GP player the last three seasons — is going to make $15 million (or more) on his next contract. By your standard, what does that make him — the world's most notorious bank robber?

You have really got to keep up where the NHL market actually is and not where you want it to be, which is apparently perpetually stuck in 2013.

Embellish much?  I doubt he gets $15M but hey when Panarin leads the playoffs in goals on the way to a cup then he'd be worth the money.  Panarin signed that contract 4 years ago and since only McDavid has signed a bigger one.  So yeah the market hasn't advanced it is stuck to 5 years ago.  

4 minutes ago, Capt said:

Embellish much?  I doubt he gets $15M but hey when Panarin leads the playoffs in goals on the way to a cup then he'd be worth the money.  Panarin signed that contract 4 years ago and since only McDavid has signed a bigger one.  So yeah the market hasn't advanced it is stuck to 5 years ago.  

Because of a pandemic, that no one could have seen coming.

And yeah, MacKinnon is going to get paid. Big time. I would be surprised if he isn't the highest-paid player in the league.

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

Because of a pandemic, that no one could have seen coming.

And yeah, MacKinnon is going to get paid. Big time. I would be surprised if he isn't the highest-paid player in the league.

You brought it up.  Pandemic or not his contract is out of wack compared to players like him.  So yes he's over paid.  Not his fault but a flat cap has made his contract problematic

Glad that drurys expectations for panarin are higher...cause its gonna take 30+ goal / 100 point, showing up big for the playoffs performance from him if we want to contend for a cup.

Edited by Jdog99

On 6/29/2022 at 9:04 PM, Capt said:

You brought it up.  Pandemic or not his contract is out of wack compared to players like him.  So yes he's over paid.  Not his fault but a flat cap has made his contract problematic

Is it out of wack?  Its been 3 seasons since he signed it.  Over those 3 years he's tied for 4th in the league in points per game.

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

Is it out of wack?  Its been 3 seasons since he signed it.  Over those 3 years he's tied for 4th in the league in points per game.

I yearn for the days of Zuc leading the team in points with 53😶

Edited by -ERIK-
  • LOL 1

How about the Rangers put a big goal scorer on Panarin's line and get some value out of all that playmaking?

Nobody complains about Panarin's work on the power play because he plays with Kreider and Zibanejad and the Rangers benefit from his pass, pass, uh, ok I'll take a shot playstyle.

Maybe put Kreider at RW since he lives in front of the net anyway and Chytil at C and have Panarin's skills put to good use.

Give Zibanejad the other two kids and watch that for a bit.