• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 Off-Season Thread — Go Into the Sadness

Phil

1 minute ago, deejaid said:

So Cap Friendly is updated showing just over $3M with the Trocheck and Halak deals added.  Still have to sign Kakko at $2M-$2.5M.       Is that it?

Motte perhaps...if he fits!

7 minutes ago, deejaid said:

That $3M in cap space listed on Cap Friendly didnt include Kravtsov.  So without any salary dump barely enough to even sign Kakko.

Getting rid of Nemeth gives you enough money add one of Jones/Robertson as LD3, Hajek as the 7th D, and Rydahl to the forward group.  Sign Kakko for $2-2.5 and let's go.

7 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Needs to be someone because Kakko at $2mil, Kravtsov, Rydhal, and Hajek in the NHL and Gauthier in the AHL, we're $600k over the cap. 

Rydhal, Hajek, another rookie D, and a Gauthier/Krav combined for less than Nemeth, leaving $3 million in cap space and only Kakko left to sign.

Edited by Long live the King

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

This is probably for Motte if I had to guess. Kakko is going to agree to a bridge deal soon or get moved IMO. I'm not 100% sure he's a Gallant/Drury guy.

There's no place for Motte to play unless the move Reaves.

CK - Zib - Laf

Panarin - Trocheck - Krav

Goodrow - Chytil - Kakko

Reaves - Rydhal - Blais

I can see them giving Cuylle or Othmann a shot at LW3 and having Goodrow center the 4th line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

CK - Zib - Laf

Goodrow - Chytil - Kakko

Reaves - Rydhal - Blais

I can see them giving Cuylle or Othmann a shot at LW3 and having Goodrow center the 4th line.

That lineup looks great if it works out except Blais is going top line, Laf is playing 3L, and Goodrow is playing 4. 

2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

CK - Zib - Laf

Goodrow - Chytil - Kakko

Reaves - Rydhal - Blais

That would be fine. I don't like Reaves playing almost every game, though. Next season he really needs to be that healthy scratch guy that only plays once in awhile. Reaves said himself he can't keep up with the speed of the game now. What are we paying for him exactly? Tunnel cheerleader? I think if Drury can move him, you take that opportunity. That's still a good roster, though.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

CK - Zib - Laf

Goodrow - Chytil - Kakko

Reaves - Rydhal - Blais

They have no business paying another fourth-liner $2M plus dollars. None.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1