• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECF #5: Rangers vs. Lightning — Some People Pronounce it 'Win'

Phil

16 minutes ago, Keirik said:

No heart fucks. That’s all Kreider. How the fuck does that get through you , you soft piece of shit 

That's on Miller. His job to clear the net so shesty can see. So tired of watching him make a mistake only to then make a good play to save his mistake, and then hear how amazing he is. If he clears the net instead of watching the play, easy save. 

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Cr00zng said:

Dude, you lost your believe shirt, I didn’t. The Rangers are back against the wall, that’s when they played their best during this playoff season. Until proven otherwise, I believe that there will be a game seven….

Yes, they did, when they weren't banged up and completely fried.

I want to talk about the refereeing and it'll sound like sour grapes at this point, but I don't really care. The quality of calls, and lack thereof, clearly changed in this series starting in Game 3 when the Rangers made it 2-0 in the 2nd period of that game. It's been heavily tilted towards the other side. Soft calls in favor of Tampa. Non-calls in favor of Tampa. This game included. That's all I'll say I'll say about that.

Yet the Rangers still had a good chance to win this game. Unfortunately they passed up too many prime shooting opportunities again, and the one time it actually made sense to do it, Copp's pass just missed Strome's stick for the potential winner. Meanwhile Tampa moved the puck up the boards to the point men, crashed the net, and flung pucks from the blue line to the net almost the entire 3rd period every chance they got. They understood how the game was likely to be won, and that's how it was won. Learning experience. Maybe not for us fans as we have seen it a bazillion times, but for this team it is.

I sense a similar, tight game in game 6.

• Thanks 1
  • Bullseye 1

1 minute ago, ausman said:

Callahan is a damn good analyst.  He sees that the Rangers legs are gone.  Playing 7 game series back to back with no rest is taxing.  He talked about his experience when Rangers won two 7 game series then ran out of steam against Devils.

Anyone can be an analyst with that take since its kind of obvious that they are gassed.  

• Keeps it 100 1

11 minutes ago, ausman said:

TB turned into a bunch of cunts.  That started because when there was 0.5 seconds left Kucherov shot the puck at net.  Fuck these Florida assholes.  They have a cunt for a Governor, cunt fans and a cunt hockey team.  Fuck them all.

Guess I was a little frustrated and angry and lost it a bit.  Apologies.  That wasn’t nice.

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

1 minute ago, Valriera said:

Hopefully coach going to change the lineup a bit because this one isn’t working, the fourth line is not going to do it. Get some fresh legs in there

Forth line played more than the Kid line and the kids played pretty good in my opinion 

3 minutes ago, Karan said:

I mean yeah it's nice to dream that this team will suddenly pull out a miraculous win in Game 6 with their traditional "backs against the wall" performance. But what about the previous 3 games has shown you that they can do that? Anything at all? I'm still somewhat hopeful they'll be able to pull it out, but there isn't much besides hoping for a miracle. Nothing about their gameplay in the last 3 games has been confidence inspiring. 

Half the team is hurt Lindgren and Strome are on one leg, Panarin's hurt everyone is nursing injuries.

It's not impossible, but if they lose ot won't be because they didn't fight. The youngest team in the league versus the most experienced postseason team and it's still 6 games.

• VINNY! 1

The heck has happened to the Zibanejad line? Our best line in the playoffs has been completely neutralized the last 3 games. Did they even have any quality chances tonight?

I don't expect much from the Panarin line, especially with Strome injured, but the other 3 need to be better. Not a good sign going into Game 6 as you know Cooper will match Cirelli's line against them and shut them down again. I guess we're going to be hoping for the Kid Line and some lucky goals from the defense.

• Bullseye 2

Just now, Karan said:

The heck has happened to the Zibanejad line? Our best line in the playoffs has been completely neutralized the last 3 games. Did they even have any quality chances tonight?

I don't expect much from the Panarin line, especially with Strome injured, but the other 3 need to be better. Not a good sign going into Game 6 as you know Cooper will match Cirelli's line against them and shut them down again. I guess we're going to be hoping for the Kid Line and some lucky goals from the defense.

Hopefully. The kid line was balancing things out but they haven't looked that great either. I think their legs are gone but Tampa is just a really sound defensive team.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Hopefully. The kid line was balancing things out but they haven't looked that great either. I think their legs are gone but Tampa is just a really sound defensive team.

The Kids didn’t see much ice the last half of the game. They really need to play more 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Karan said:

kreider looked like the weak link on that line tonight.    if panarin had some fuckin help, his line would have put at least one in.    instead we have two gd damn hyundai civics trying to keep up with a ferrari

Time for Gauthier. Just speed to the net all game and get guys to follow up. I know this won't happen I just think we need 1. fresh legs and 2. a new approach to offense.

Also though fuck the refs this playoffs is honestly a fucking joke with the officiating and it is really cheapening the sport.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

kreider looked like the weak link on that line tonight.    if panarin had some fuckin help, his line would have put at least one in.    instead we have two gd damn hyundai civics trying to keep up with a ferrari

Copp minus the first series has had a pretty mediocre playoffs.